Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Lift on GT cam (re 'Race Juice)
D Beddows

posted on 4/4/03 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Lift on GT cam (re 'Race Juice)

Couple of points.

Brett and I were having our car (no.41 - dog slow all weekend, comes into the pit lane after loosing a mudguard, gets out behind James Harris, gets a good tow round the circuit, clocks 6th fastest lap.....I get home 2 hours later than planned after a miserable weekend) checked at the same time Tims was and for the same things - the carbs were checked and the maximum valve lift was checked. If you're interested the maximum lift allowed was/is 9mm and Tims engine was within that limit.

What a few of us want is the actual profiles of the cams checked properly and that should be happening within the next two races

Tim is a very good driver (and a realy nice bloke too as is his dad) so I hope this will all be found to be a storm in a teacup with a couple of spoonfulls of jealousy stired in. It'll make the rest of us look like incompetant muppets when it's properly checked and found to be OK thought wont it....................

Mark Benson

posted on 7/4/03 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
Tim is a very good driver (and a realy nice bloke too as is his dad) so I hope this will all be found to be a storm in a teacup with a couple of spoonfulls of jealousy stired in. It'll make the rest of us look like incompetant muppets when it's properly checked and found to be OK thought wont it....................

Seconded - he and his dad saved my Sunday's racing finding me a replacement bolt for the one I snapped when I changed the water pump on Sunday morning. If it hadn't have been for their efforts, my parents and friends coming to see my first race meeting would have had a wasted (200 mile) trip.

(and I don't need Tim or anyone else to make me look like an incompetent mupper.....)

Raced a Locost for a couple of years, then bought an Elise.

Now back building a Fisher Fury, can't yet decide on V8 power (which I already have waiting to go in) or some kind of V6 (which I'd have to buy, when I can sell the Elise, if I sell the Elise).

I'm not the most decisive person in the world.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.