Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: the newark lot
omega0684

posted on 20/6/09 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
the newark lot

i wonder what there up to right now?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 20/6/09 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
drinking ?

blakep82

posted on 20/6/09 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
drinking buckfast, shouting at old ladies?

[Edited on 20/6/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

cd.thomson

posted on 20/6/09 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
i went to newark and im about to go to sleep in a heated house in a double bed with a kingsize duvet. I bet I have the best night sleep of all of them

[Edited on 20/6/09 by cd.thomson]

Craig

omega0684

posted on 20/6/09 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
was it any good craig?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hellbent345

posted on 20/6/09 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
how was it craig? also i recon they will be all tucked up in sleeping bags right now

cd.thomson

posted on 20/6/09 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
loads of cars, very poor dax showing (i.e. none...the only bit of empty grass in the place!).

Absolutely loaaaads of RHs and a big GBS show inside. Quite a good showing of MEVs too.

Locosters took the show for me, definitely the best looking of the cars there. Had a nice chat with Trev and bought some custom HT leads, but apart from that, not much going on!

Felt like a lot of cars but not as social as the other shows ive been to.. maybe I just didnt know as many people

Craig

mistergrumpy

posted on 20/6/09 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
That's kinda what I thought of it last year but I bet you a pound to a pinch of sh1t CKC magazine will proclaim it to have been amazingly fantastic. They need to be a bit more honest I think.

dhutch

posted on 20/6/09 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know, there wasnt any mini marco's on the mini marcos pitch just one tent.

But no, compaired to stonleigh it really did seam quiet. Went last year but it was hissing it down so i figured that cut numbers. Maybe tomorrow and the better forcast will help but we had sun all day really.

But no, im just about to bed it, for the last time ever, in this years student house. Pending my packing and moving back home for summer tomorrow.

Daniel

Wheels244

posted on 21/6/09 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
I went last year - it put me off going this year - I didn't rate it at all.

Went to Stonleigh this year, was very impressed - I know where I'll be camping next year.

AdamCKC

posted on 25/6/09 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
That's kinda what I thought of it last year but I bet you a pound to a pinch of sh1t CKC magazine will proclaim it to have been amazingly fantastic. They need to be a bit more honest I think.

Interesting that you feel we overplay Newark. We have no involvement whatsoever with organising it and don't even sponsor it, so have no reason to. OK, it's nowhere near as large as Stoneleigh but it's a show at which you get out as much as you put in. In other words, stay the night, camp and head for the bar and it's a terrific weekend away. Go for just the day and to look at manufacturers' cars and it's unquestionably thin.

And, yes, we had a great time again this year. It's an old school style of show, aimed at a weekend's entertainment, rather than anything too official. We're not the only ones who enjoy it. Newark has probably the second largest number of clubbers who came overnight, behind Stoneleigh and way in front of any other event.

We met some great people, saw some fantastic cars and enjoyed the weekend. We'll be saying as much in our show review!

mistergrumpy

posted on 25/6/09 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hey different strokes for different folks. I suppose it's how you define a show. I think that if you want to sit around all day on deck chairs drinking and talking to people then fine, but you can do that any place any time as 907 and Gaz are doing on here with their BBQ doo. For me a show, is an event that has a show on i.e. cars on show (not just the owners ones in the car park) and as Adam said if that's what you went for then it was thin. So much so that when I went last year they had to bump it all up with craft stalls, steam engines and little wooden toys in the main hall and to travel all that way and pay a tenner for that I genuinely found was a complete and utter rip off.
If you class it as an old school kind of show then fine, but again IMO the kit car industry has come a million miles from it's old school and the cobbled together kits, like the one's used in CKC's challenges (Ginetta was it and the red postman Pat thing) and these are what gave kit cars a bad name.
If it's just considered a night out and entertainment then why not go down to your local or down into town. You'll be hard pressed, unless you go into a big nightclub to be charged £10 entry for your nights entertainment.
Like I say I don't rate it all and just looking upwards on this thread ^ I don't think some others were/are impressed that much either.
I think that CKC as the leading kit car magazine (and you are, I have a subscription and everything ) should be giving a fairer review, more like what Adam just said. If they want to just say that they enjoyed it and that they had a good time, fair enough but that's not a reflection on the general concensus I'd say. Impartiality is the key for fairness.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.