Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Liam, what happened to your build?
sebastiaan

posted on 6/4/12 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Liam, what happened to your build?

Right, I thought of doing this over U2U, bit other folks might be interested as well.

Back in "the old days", Liam was building a 4WD honda powered locost, the one with the spider brace over the engine. I remember it being a really nice build and have just looked at the pics in Liam's archive, but there does not have seem to be a lot of progress over the last few years. So what's happened? I would love to see this car finished and on the road!

James

posted on 6/4/12 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Good post!

Come on Liam, 'fess up, what you been up to?

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 6/4/12 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

OX

posted on 6/4/12 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
I searched for that the other day to see if there had been any updates
sebastiaan

posted on 7/4/12 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Ah, so it isn't just me....
w.olly

posted on 8/4/12 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
I have also U2U`d him and no reply yet, come on Liam i need info mate, or it will have to be a Standard Locost build for me
Liam

posted on 9/4/12 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Wow a thread about me!! Hi folks,

Well, the project has sadly been pretty much mothballed for a good few years now whilst various things have happenned in my life. These include 'proper' job, courtship, marriage, house renovation, new job and move to london, and last year a move to Norway where I am now!

Totally not given up or gotten rid of it - it's sitting in my parents shed. Once I've settled down I'll finish it, but I may be a couple more years in Norway and likely wont bring it here. It's a little frustrating since it's so close to completion, but I'm just too busy right now. When I get back onto it I'll be doing a few things differently which were dictated back then by low budget as I'll have a bit more spare cash - one will be a more interesting engine than the old Honda, but definately sticking with the 4WD.

Cheers,

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
OX

posted on 10/4/12 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Well at least you're still alive

I popped over to Norway in February just gone .Friends live at Trondheim so stayed there and then drove to Oppdal for a weeks snowboarding . Friends kept telling me how warm it was and that they'd never seen it this warm for the time of year in there lifetime . Still got chance to do a bit of snow bathing at -15c (sauna for 30 mins and then play into the snow for a few minutes and then back in the sauna ) .

Good luck with what ever you're doing and hope to see an update in the future then !

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.