Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quick-Release Boss + Horn
DapperRob

posted on 15/7/15 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Quick-Release Boss + Horn

So I've just fitted one of these and it works a treat. Only question is how to adapt it so that the horn will fit?

http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/quick-release-steering-wheel-boss-gold-anodised

ravingfool

posted on 15/7/15 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Er, doesn't look like it will... How about a little button on your dash?

I picked up one of these second hand but unused recently (hence the colour):

nrg hub

and it comes with necessary attachments for routing your horn in (which I have done). If it doesn't have appropriate contacts built in you're going to either have to risk modifying what you have or accept a horn button elsewhere - on your stalks or dash mounted switchgear.

peter030371

posted on 15/7/15 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
If you want electrical connectors then you need a QR boss with a built in connector.

You may be able to find one that fits the boss you have and do it yourself. The sort of connector you need is a Lemo type (B series I suspect)....I have a pair here for my QR but mine came with them fitted so not sure what part numbers you need. I have had a quick look here and you may find that something like a EGG socket and a FAG plug is what you need but again you will need to check what size to suit your boss.

Lemo used to be difficult to get unless you had a trade account but I see loads on ebay now so not impossible

edit to add that this is the unit I have and you can sort of see in the picture how the connectors are fitted. http://go-race.co.uk/shop/4582749947/electrical-quick-release- steering-hub/9459124

[Edited on 15/7/15 by peter030371]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.