Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scalextric in Brighton
Jasper

posted on 28/4/05 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Scalextric in Brighton

So, I can't build another car for a good year or two - 'cos the moneys gotta go into the house, so to stop me getting bored, and give me an excuse to spend time in my now empty garage with mates, I'm currently constructing the circuit below. It's digital, so even with just two lanes 6 cars can race with 4 overtaking spots.

We had a go with a small track this week, and it's a right laugh, but now I've bought loads of old track off Ebay (that all needs cleaning up), so this one should be completed by Sunday.

Any local boys want to come down for a play (I've got 3 cars/controllers at the mnoment) your all welcome. Hicost won't be there tho', as he thinks it's all childish nonsense

BTW - any good track designers wanna come up with a circuit for a 2m x 5m garage, just let me know!

[Edited on 28/4/05 by Jasper] Rescued attachment screen.gif
Rescued attachment screen.gif

ned

posted on 28/4/05 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, should be a laugh, I'm up for it sometime!

shame you can't really put fast sweeping bends in scalectrix, maybe a snetterton replica would be a goer, though not sure if you could recreate the bombhole lol

Ned.

ps you need to even out the overtaking spots, 1 to get off the red, but 3 to get off the green hmmm

[Edited on 28/4/05 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 28/4/05 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Ned the overtaking bits are just for postion, I will put the different ones spread evenlyas I now have all four different types.

High speed curves are hard 'cos you need lots of 22.5 deg curves, which are impossible to get in quantity secondhand, and expensive to buy new (£5.50 for 2 sections)

donut

posted on 29/4/05 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
So what was the problem? Did you find the lost 10psi in the glove box or somewhere??

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shortie

posted on 3/5/05 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Jasper,

Scalextric sounds like a laugh! Assuming I can make the date I would love to have a go!

Rich.

Deckman001

posted on 3/5/05 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
I've a box full of the stuff i could let ya borrow if ya need it ?? the bits i just checked out aren't rusty yet either

Jason

Jasper

posted on 3/5/05 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Rich - you're welcome down anytime - maybe I'll try and sort out a Sunday soon...

Jason - got more track than I can use now ..... and I've already spent 3 hours cleaning it up!

It's a laugh though, these digital cars are quick

Deckman001

posted on 4/5/05 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I bet ya the yellow car will be quicker than the blue one !!

Jason

Jasper

posted on 5/5/05 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Any excuse for crap driving
Deckman001

posted on 5/5/05 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote

donut

posted on 6/5/05 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
I would like to point out that the hairdresser here won the race between Jasper, Deckman and myself!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

Jasper

posted on 6/5/05 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I think the computer lied ......
Deckman001

posted on 7/5/05 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
That, and i had the slow blue car !!

Jason

Jasper

posted on 7/5/05 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Excuses, excuses - well we now have a fourth car (same as the Porsches) so next time it will be even racing! And I've sorted the power fluctutional problems.

About time for a new track I think!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.