Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Other halves
ChrisW

posted on 10/8/03 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Other halves

My girlfriend is always on about coming to one of our meets but I know it's going to be grief when she realised we really do just talk about cars! So, can we arrange a meet when we all bring our other halves along to keep each other company?

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 10/8/03 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Great idea, tell them to bring some knitting along with them. What do they talk about while you discuss wishbones and stuff, shoes or something? You could let them drive so you can drink more I think I'm getting the hang of this now and it doesn't sound such a bad idea.

yours, Pete.

I'm into this getting in touch with my feminine side really. She conned me into believing the hoover and iron's a power tool 'cos it's got a wire on it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

chrisg

posted on 10/8/03 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
No Tarts

Cheers

Chris

Actually I suppose it's ok for the SSSD's cos they.............??????don't meet in a pub?????????............, I can't work that one out!

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

theconrodkid

posted on 10/8/03 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
pete you need a special licence to drive a hoover thingy,big nick without one and iron thingies are suposed to be dangerous for men,summat to do with radiation?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

bob

posted on 10/8/03 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Pete

Soldering iron = OK
Hoover = big no no

Unless like me i comondered the hoover for garage duty.

Spyderman

posted on 10/8/03 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
Peteff,

Do you also wear the uniform when ironing and hoovering (you know the short frilly one with the stockings)?

Spyderman

bob

posted on 11/8/03 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
Must be a northern thing

Peteff

posted on 11/8/03 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Do you also wear the uniform when ironing and hoovering (you know the short frilly one with the stockings)?

I will do when you let me have it back.

yours, Pete.

P.S. I'll forward it to Bob when I,ve ironed it.

[Edited on 11/8/03 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Spyderman

posted on 11/8/03 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
ROFL!

Spyderman

bob

posted on 11/8/03 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
ey steptoe it wont fit mate

ned

posted on 12/8/03 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
i brought my other half up to newlands one month, she got bored and read a book in the car... (not the book!)
she said afterwards, i didn't think you were just going to talk about cars.. (what the hell else did she expect us to talk about!!) needless to say i won't be bringing her again anytime soon....

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 12/8/03 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, mine liked the view but couldn't get with the conversation at all. Still I got away with a meet up on a day that should have been a family day!

Got to remember that there's a good chance they won't get on if we get them all to come anyway. Let's face it, the only reason I meet such a strange bunch of chaps in a car park in Surrey is to get my car built and sorted, I won't been seen dead with any of you otherwise

ChrisW

posted on 12/8/03 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
What are all your other halves into then? Mine likes Art History and green things (the stuff that blurrs past when you drive fast!)

Chris

My gaff my rules

James

posted on 12/8/03 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
What are all your other halves into then?

Chris

Playstation 2, Motorbiking, Savate (Kickboxing), clubbing!
None of which we talk about much at Newlands!

James

ned

posted on 12/8/03 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
gardening (hence the grass stains on my jeans last newlands ), her cat (bill) and shoes, jellewery, shopping etc.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

theconrodkid

posted on 12/8/03 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
and theres me thinking they liked talking about washing powder,babies and cooking,flack jacket on dive for deep cover

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

James

posted on 12/8/03 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
and theres me thinking they liked talking about washing powder,babies and cooking,flack jacket on dive for deep cover

You're other half is into going for long walks, playing with (chasing) cats, and fetching sticks isn't he?

James

ChrisW

posted on 12/8/03 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like ours might get along then. Bringing her next time?

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by ned
gardening (hence the grass stains on my jeans last newlands ), her cat (bill) and shoes, jellewery, shopping etc.

Ned.

My gaff my rules

chrisg

posted on 12/8/03 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
CHRIST

Who cares?

NO SODDING TARTS!

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

ChrisW

posted on 12/8/03 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, forgot about you northerners and your liking of sitting in a dark room with half a dozen equally hairy men.

Chris

My gaff my rules

theconrodkid

posted on 12/8/03 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
so what do said hairy northerners do when they get into this dark room?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

chrisg

posted on 12/8/03 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
*shakes head*

Chris

theconrodkid

posted on 12/8/03 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
so you sit in a dark room full of hairy northerners shaking your heads?nice

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

chrisg

posted on 12/8/03 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
*shakes head*

again

Chris

bob

posted on 12/8/03 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
LOL

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.