Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Next Midlands Meeting - 5th Nov???
MikeR

posted on 21/10/03 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Next Midlands Meeting - 5th Nov???

Folks,

The next midlands meeting should be the 5th November. I've just emailed the usual suspects but want to make sure I catch everyone so .....

If the 5th is a problem due to perhaps a prior engagement celebrating the torture of a traitor then let me know. I've proposed that if enough people can't make it we move it (this time only) to the second Wednesday.

Mike
p.s. if you haven't had an email from me, let me know and i'll add you to my distribution list.

Brooky

posted on 21/10/03 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
I am on days that day and seeing as my profession is inextricably linked to the by product of the aforementioned festivity I may be late, if there at all.
Anyway , what do you mean traitor , I heard Guy Fawkes was the only person ever to enter the house of commons with an honest intent.LOL

benedict

posted on 22/10/03 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brooky
seeing as my profession is inextricably linked to the by product of the aforementioned festivity I may be late, if there at all.
We could always set fire to something so you have to come and put it out

I'm OK for weds but could pos/probably do another day if we know asap so I can get dibs on the dayshift. Should have said that on the email - sorry.

Cheers,
Ben

JoelP

posted on 23/10/03 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brooky
Anyway , what do you mean traitor , I heard Guy Fawkes was the only person ever to enter the house of commons with an honest intent.LOL

lmao, thats a funny one! true as well

MikeR

posted on 23/10/03 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Well it seems that the 5th of Nov is still the favourite night.....

Dave, if your car is going to providing the entertainment would you mind parking a little further from the enterence - i don't want my car covered in ash

Brooky

posted on 24/10/03 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
will the cloud reach your garage from there ?
MikeR

posted on 24/10/03 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Ouch - that hurts !!!!!

I was thinking of my tin top.

MikeyG

posted on 25/10/03 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,
Can you let me know where you all meet up, i've just moved back to the midlands and as yet have not had a chance to compare my handywork with anyone else.... I'll do my best to come meet up with you on the 5th -- provided its near, only 180 insurance miles left

MikeR

posted on 25/10/03 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Very near if you're in rugby, we meet just north of the M6 Junction 2 next to the Rolls Royce factory in Ansty.

Send me an email (michaeljrankin@bigfoot.com) and i'll send you the directions.

MikeR

posted on 4/11/03 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
Just to get this back to the top
Dick Axtell

posted on 4/11/03 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Time of Meet?

Hi Mike,

Ur bits will be in the boot. Always providing that my memory/reminder still works!

So the Meet is from when 'til when?

MikeR

posted on 4/11/03 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Well we all try to meet around 8pm ish and leave when one of the following happens,

a) we get bored
b) the pub closes
c) the landlord complains about the 'noise' ben is making as his car warms up (*)

Ususally someone is there before 8ish and i'm normally on time.

(*) well okay, the landlord has never complained about the noise Ben makes, thats just me, he complains about the noise Ben's car makes.

benedict

posted on 8/11/03 at 12:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave AshurstBen, I forgot to ask.. does the landlord really complain about the noise from your car? I think I've usually gone home to bed by then.
The only time I can remember was when the chef!!! (IIRC - Mike?) came out and moaned that the guests in the hotel bit were being disturbed by the noise of my car idling - not being revved or anything, just idling.

Yes it was a good night, though I think if anyone else called Dave or Mike want's to come they'll have to use a different name as if you say "Dave" at the moment, half the pub looks round
Bet we don't get another Benedict attending though

Cheers,
Ben

MikeR

posted on 8/11/03 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Please lord not another benedict!!!!

Was a good night - soon i'm going to have to get mine finished so i don't feel left out! The steering bits i got from Dick look perfect for adding in my extra UJ so I should have steering by the end of this weekend Yipee.

Ben's right we've only ever had one complaint from the Chef / Manager. Ben had been idling his car for a good 10 mins to warm it up on a very, very quiet night. He came out, explained he'd had a complaint and asked us to go or be quiet. The cheeky sod then started asking Ben if it was a caterham .... I seem to recall you left the pub rather quickly after that question

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.