Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Structured Website
jcduroc

posted on 12/11/02 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Structured Website

Hi Oh Mighty Webmaster

Forgive me daring a sugestion concerning our beloved website forum but my humbleness often feels lost in such an imensity of topics in this greatly valuable and friendly web forum.

So, forgive me Oh Mighty Webmaster to sugest you should start by:
1. Create a new group for "For Sale/Wanted subsquently taking it out of the group "General Construction Discussion"
2. Topic "Donor Cars" becomes "Donor Cars & Parts"
3. Topic "Engine" becomes "Engine & Gearbox"
4. Topic "Race Issues" has no place in the group "General Construction Discussion" as there is a Topic "Racing" in the group "Completed Cars"; or should there be a sole group for "racing"?
5. Create a new topic under "Chat" called "Members' websites" for us to annouce our achievements.
6. "Anything Else" should be the last topic (What's left after all the other topics...)
7. Threads in each topic should be reduced. It is not possible that there are 263 different discussion items in "Chassis", 322 in "Running Gear" or 323 in "Engines". Members should resist the temptation of creating new topics when someone already raised that issue.
Of course it is sometimes difficult to see there is already an open topic on that issue among so many hundreds of them.
8. Once again I do not want to be a PITA but I believe that frank contributions are essential for a group's welfare.

Forgive, once again, my daring to bother everybody with my thoughts.

Joćo Matoso

P.S.: And pls forgive my poor English.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.