Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Can't load avatar.
Rorty

posted on 21/12/02 at 02:40 AM Reply With Quote
Can't load avatar.

I'll try this again, as the post I sent yesterday has disappeared!
I've tried to load my avatar on several occasions, without any luck. And now that Chrisg is casting aspersions on my (as yet unseen) ruggedly handsome looks, I would like to sort the problem out.
It's only a 4kb image, so I don't know what the problem is.
Also, while I'm having a rant, I noticed the time I'm supposed to have posted at, is in reallity an hour behind the real time here. I have the time set on Melbourne time, which is correct. It doesn't bother me, I was just curious as to why.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 21/12/02 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
There's something up with the time on here - something to do with the time server my machine syncs to. I keep meaning to look into it....

As for the avatar all I can say is it works for other people. If you tell me what you're doing rather than just 'it doesn't work' I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 21/12/02 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Nice come back, Claude!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Rorty

posted on 22/12/02 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
ChrisW, sorry, I could have been a bit more informative with my own problem! In the "Avatar URL:" window, I have been inserting the URL of a picture on one of my web pages. Right or wrong?

And Chrisg, what are you lurking down here for? I thought you were off to my old homeland to drink Liffey Water!
I have to tolerate relatives/cooked food in 35+ degree heat!

Happy Chrimbo everyone!

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

bob

posted on 22/12/02 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Bob

I had a problem loading my ugly mug on as well,sent the pic to chrisW and he sorted it for me.

Although i could get it on if i loaded the pic into my photo archive first,might be worth a try.

Happy christmas to you down under too,the turkey will be the only bird with a tan here mate.

[Edited on 22/12/02 by bob]

ChrisW

posted on 22/12/02 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
That's exactly right Rorty. Remember to include the http:// bit. If you can't get it working email it over and I'll sort it out for you.

Chris

My gaff my rules

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.