Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: NEW LOCOSTBUILDERS SITE
ChrisW

posted on 13/1/03 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
NEW LOCOSTBUILDERS SITE

Vote now or forever hold your piece

The new LocostBuilders site is nearly done and runs much much faster than this has ever done. Not problem is not all the functions have been written yet. So...

Should I...

1. Move LocostBuilders over to the new system asap. We can live without all the features for a couple of weeks

or

2. Wait until it's all 100% before moving.

Your call... New system is at http://development.locostbuilders.co.uk but beware that some stuff (u2u springs to mind) doesn't work yet and any messages posted there will not show here.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 13/1/03 at 12:36 AM Reply With Quote
BTW (in answer to someone's question) u2u will be working before I change over assuming the vote goes 'asap'

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Metal Hippy™

posted on 13/1/03 at 02:32 AM Reply With Quote
If people vote asap then they're not allowed to complain if not everything's working when it goes online....

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

RoadkillUK

posted on 13/1/03 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Metal Hippy™
If people vote asap then they're not allowed to complain if not everything's working when it goes online....

I voted asap, on the understanding that I can still complain about the site not working properly

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

jollygreengiant

posted on 13/1/03 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Looks damn good so far, so good that it WILL be worht waiting till its RIGHT. Then maybe i can load my avatar into pics n do it propa lyke.

Keep up the good work Chris, puff, puff, you sound just like me.

Enjoy

ewanspence

posted on 13/1/03 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
asap

Ewan.

Visit the MegaGrip site :-
http://www.geocities.com/ewanspence/

David Jenkins

posted on 13/1/03 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Chris,

Go for it - it's so much quicker!

You've got a few things to fix, but I rarely use those features anyway.

David

Deckman001

posted on 13/1/03 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, no-ones paying you to do this(yet) so do it when you can, in a time scale that suits you! If any body else thinks they can do better,they can try. I for one will be buying you breckie next time we meet at Box Hill for all the time and effort you put in for us, and the agro that some people give you
Thanks
Jason

Metal Hippy™

posted on 13/1/03 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Get a damn move on Chris, what the hell am I paying you for?

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

stephen_gusterson

posted on 13/1/03 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
i would rather have something thats 100% or near right than something thats buggy.

If you are trying to knock the bugs out on line, then thats great.

releasing summat thats not ready is never a good idea!

Its your call really Chris - if its solid, then you should put it up. If its not, we can all wait for a better site.

I have broadband, and this site doesnt exactly whizz along, but whats another couple weeks?

atb

Steve

David Jenkins

posted on 14/1/03 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson

i would rather have something thats 100% or near right than something thats buggy.

If you are trying to knock the bugs out on line, then thats great.

releasing summat thats not ready is never a good idea!

Umm... what we've got already is full of bugs, in spite of Chris's sterling efforts.

quote:

Its your call really Chris - if its solid, then you should put it up. If its not, we can all wait for a better site.

I have broadband, and this site doesnt exactly whizz along, but whats another couple weeks?

I don't have broadband (don't get me started on that subject! - I live in a village) so accessing the site can be painful. Sometimes I just have to give up and try again at a quieter time.

rgds,

David

RoadkillUK

posted on 14/1/03 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

About 3 pages !!

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

stephen_gusterson

posted on 14/1/03 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
admittedly, its a bit slow.

But for the bits I use, there arnt really bugs - just unsupported features! The tings I miss are the list of peeps online and the subscriber list. Apart from that, its no deal breaker. There has been a couple times I have come off line cos its too slow, but not so that its intolerable.

BTW David....you dont know what you are missing. Broadband is brilliant - I havnt heard a modem gurgle for 15 months now and you can download music from kazaa faster than it takes to play it. I have 3 PCs all on line at the same time and there isnt any noticeable delay at - except on here of course!

Just trying to wind you up David - can you tell!

If anyone is thinking of going for broadband - go for it - its like chalk and cheese. Bit like when you have a dish washer - once you have one you dont want to go without again. No sexism comments please guys

atb

Steve

btw - avoid AOL broadband. Lots of guys I work with have told me its bad for gaming cos of the lag. The AOL servers, for tax reasons, are in the states. Your data has to go over the ocean and back, so you get huge ping times. NTL is good - at least in my area, but i am told milage does vary. I get 600kb most times. Freeserve has good reports from the guys at work too.

[Edited on 14/1/03 by stephen_gusterson]

jollygreengiant

posted on 14/1/03 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
. Bit like when you have a dish washer - once you have one you dont want to go without again. No sexism comments please guys

Nah I wouldn't get rid of my wife either m8.

Enjoy.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.