Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: We've moved
ChrisW

posted on 23/1/03 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
We've moved

In case you havn't realised we've moved to my new kick ass P3 powered server. Hopefully this should resolve a few speed issues with the site in the interim before the new site comes online.

Your comments below please - is it faster now?

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scutter

posted on 23/1/03 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Much improved old boy, a pleasure to surf.

Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Macca

posted on 23/1/03 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Much improved, a job well done.

Chris,
would it take a lot of work to get the " who's online" section up and running again as I miss it very much?

Cheers Col

ChrisW

posted on 23/1/03 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'll see... tried to get it working before and couldn't. I've got a few mins now so I'll see what I can do.

Chris

My gaff my rules

ChrisW

posted on 23/1/03 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Erm.. I re-enabled it and it seems to be working again! Fingers crossed it'll stay that way...

Chris

My gaff my rules

scutter

posted on 23/1/03 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Chris,

Would be able to change address on the "Someone has replyed to you thread" thats send to folks e-mail. As it comes up server not found.

Cheers Dan.

Macca

posted on 23/1/03 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Erm.. I re-enabled it and it seems to be working again! Fingers crossed it'll stay that way...

Chris, once again thanks very much, doesn't feel quite as lonely now!
Col

RoadkillUK

posted on 23/1/03 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Very quick, I'm impressed

Keep it up Chris, ta.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

bob

posted on 23/1/03 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
CHRIS

I think you should get a free box hill breckie each month for your efforts,first one is on me

paulbeyer

posted on 23/1/03 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
Ok what's the secret? For me this site is slower than Lisa Reily in a one legged marathon.

Where's the handbrake?

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

jollygreengiant

posted on 23/1/03 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, may your mig never run out of gas or wire and may your fuel tank be for ever full.

oh and could you link my avatar in so that it never disapeers again.PLEASE.

Serious Chris brilliant M8 well done.

Oops Enjoy.

[Edited on 23/1/03 by jollygreengiant]

jollygreengiant

posted on 23/1/03 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
Kwik Question. Will Chrisg's wit be even kwicker now.
Rorty

posted on 24/1/03 at 02:34 AM Reply With Quote
Knob on!

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

donut

posted on 24/1/03 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
I find that www.locostbuilders.co.uk does not work no more. Are you going to change the forward address soon?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

ChrisW

posted on 24/1/03 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
It *should* already be redirected. Try doing a ctrl-F5 (if you're using Internet Explorer)

Chris

My gaff my rules

paulbeyer

posted on 24/1/03 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
There ya go ctrl-F5 that was the handbrake. Much better now.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

donut

posted on 25/1/03 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, all working now,,, however when i get an email to say someone has put up a message to my thread the link in the email goes to 404 error not found?

Another problem??

Cheers

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

ChrisW

posted on 25/1/03 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
I'll look into it...

Chris

My gaff my rules

ChrisW

posted on 25/1/03 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
testing...

My gaff my rules

donut

posted on 25/1/03 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
when i got the email i tried it but it still went to 404 error. I tries contol F5 but still no joy.

Andy

Andy

ChrisW

posted on 25/1/03 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Should be fixed now.

Chris

My gaff my rules

donut

posted on 25/1/03 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, all fixed THANX

Can you do me a wee favour? Can you put 'mmmmm donut's' under my 'donut' user name?

Ta

Andy

Andy

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.