Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Chequer plate background
ChrisW

posted on 1/5/03 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
Chequer plate background

Toned the chequer plate bg down a bit. Is that better? I really want to get everyone on to the same theme to save me all the messing around each time I want to change something!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 2/5/03 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Much, much better!

So good, I didn't notice... before this was fixed I would log on, and go "urgh" every time! This time, I just logged in...

Nice to see all the sponsor banners too - not too intrusive.

cheers,

David

Mark H

posted on 2/5/03 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, nice job with the banners too, Chris.

Cheers.

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

Ian Pearson

posted on 2/5/03 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
No offense Chris, but the chequer plate is hard on the eyes. Mine anyway. Can we not have the option to have a different background?
theconrodkid

posted on 3/5/03 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
how bout carbon fibre or a tropical beach scene to remind me of home?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

ChrisW

posted on 3/5/03 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Having two choices of colour scheme (which includes the background) means twice the work for me every time something goes wrong so I'd rather avoid it if possible.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Cheffy

posted on 3/5/03 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Don't wish to be controversial, but I quite like the background.

Martin.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

Ian Pearson

posted on 4/5/03 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Aaaaaagh....Welding mask on then!
ChrisW

posted on 4/5/03 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Come on it's not that bad. I know most people like it! How about I make the background a bit darker?

Chris

My gaff my rules

Alan B

posted on 4/5/03 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
wot background's that then?

mines blue.....

Mark18

posted on 6/5/03 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
he chequer plate bg down a bit. Is that better? I really want to get everyone on to the same theme to save me all the messing around each time I want to change something!
For what it' s worth I think the carbonfibre idea is a great one, but the revised checkerplate is fine. All this is a bit trivial if you ask me, and you seem to be doing all this out of the goodness of your heart, so I'd be more than happy to put up with just the one design - so long as it's not that mental metalhippy one!

"I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton

stephen_gusterson

posted on 6/5/03 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
my son uses a gaming site that seems to use similar software / layout to this one.

It looks really cool.

http://forums.tdzk.com

atb

steve

Rob Lane

posted on 9/5/03 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Must say I find the chequer plate hard on the eyes and had the options set for plain blue when I was logged in.

Now it's dissappeared I don't realise I'm logged on and have left it with me supposedly present, when not.

I used the background to remind me.

Rob Lane

James

posted on 9/5/03 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Lane
Must say I find the chequer plate hard on the eyes and had the options set for plain blue when I was logged in.

Now it's dissappeared I don't realise I'm logged on and have left it with me supposedly present, when not.

I used the background to remind me.

Rob Lane

Hi Rob,

From what Chris has told me your connection times-out after 10 minutes or so anyway. You could double check this with another pc you'e never logged onto LB with.

Cheers,

James

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.