Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTO - 2 weeks on
flak monkey

posted on 20/4/11 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
GTO - 2 weeks on

Picked the monster up 2 weeks ago, spent last weekend giving it a good going over mechanically and cosmetically.

1995 Mk2. Imported in 2008. 60k miles
Twin turbo, 6 sp manual
320bhp, 315lbft
4wd, 4ws, active aero, electronic sports suspension. lots of toys

Given it 4 new boots, a 4 wheel alignment, new engine oil, new ARB drop links and polybushes. Still a long list of stuff to do on it, including cambelt, gearbox, diff and transfer box oils, plugs etc

Had a good look underneath it when it was up on the lift having the tracking done and its like new under there. Will get it undersealed and waxoiled this summer at some point.

Oh and I gave it a good polish up last weekend. Just the interior and underbonnet to recieve the treatment now.

(yes its missing anm exhaust trim!)

Its great fun to drive. Pop it in sports mode and you can chuck it about something silly for a big heavy car. Its got a massive amount of grip and its not slow either (5.4sec to 60mph)

Fuel wise it averages about 30mpg on a run and a lot less if you are a bit 'enthusiastic'

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

meany

posted on 20/4/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Seems you got yourself a good un
Liam

posted on 21/4/11 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Looks great (well, outside anyway )! So how does it drive, or haven't you been out in it much yet? I can't think of many more annoying jobs than a transverse V6 DOHC cambelt - enjoy!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 21/4/11 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liam
I can't think of many more annoying jobs than a transverse V6 DOHC cambelt - enjoy!

You're all heart!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

flak monkey

posted on 21/4/11 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liam
Looks great (well, outside anyway )! So how does it drive, or haven't you been out in it much yet? I can't think of many more annoying jobs than a transverse V6 DOHC cambelt - enjoy!

Needs a good under bonnet and interior scrubbing, which it will get next week I have to have the plenum off to change the rear plugs, so it will get a good cleaning before its put back

Drives really nicely, took a lot of getting used to driving a petrol again after driving a diesel for so long. It can be quite sedate if you keep the revs down, or completely mental if you drop it a couple of gears and wind the revs up past 3k.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.