Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Never been happy with these bits :(
karlak

posted on 4/9/11 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Never been happy with these bits :(

As my car is in "bits" at the minute, I thought I might address some aspects I have never liked about it.

I didnt build the car and bought it from a 2nd owner, it was reg'd in 2004.

The pictures below show the front part of the suspenson, with an awful looking piece of Red Flexi/rubbery type of material which is riveted to the chassis. Why would this have been done - looks awful and a bit out of place being red as well.

Other things shown in the photo is the horrible way that the "filler" has been used in the front of the "bush" (?) .. Again, what a strange idea and why would that have been done, iva/sva ? or just waterproofing.

Anyway, any ideas how to tidy it all up. I was hoping there may be a ready made grommet to replace the "filler" and a better idea for the red "flappy" bits ?

Cheers

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

DavidM

posted on 4/9/11 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
They look like SVA/IVA parts. The red bit appears to be to prevent sphere contact with the chassis rail where it protrudes from the nosecone, and unless it is there for another reason could be removed by drilling out the rivets.

The "cups" on the suspension mounts are to prevent sphere contact with the suspension brackets. They also could be removed easily by undoing the suspension bolts, taking them off and bolting back together.

Most cars have similar things for SVA/IVA, some solutions are tidier than others, but most fall off after the test.

David

Proportion is Everything

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.