Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Modifying bulkhead
JohnFol

posted on 28/6/02 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Modifying bulkhead

This is where I get annoyed with the MC750 regs and 'the book'.

I think we all agree 'the book' is not 100% accurate, with several cuts requiring differing lengths, and a judgement on which plan is being followed throughout the book.

Well I have fitted one of the 'H' uprights (which is by my left foot if I were driving). I am now welding in the engine brackets and have followed the suggestion of positioning the engine with 0.5" clearance for the starter motor. This means the boot around the clutch release leaver is too close to the bulkhead. To aleviate this I have moved the 'H' 1" towards the outside of the car.
Reading the regs it clearly states "Relocation of the engine within the recognised engine bay is permitted provided no modifications are required to the original chassis or bulkhead".

So, my engine is positioned as per the book, but to do this (and many other things in the book) I have had to use my judgement and move the bar. Does this constitute a violation of the regulation?

Also, if it does, how can someone use the book as a guide as it's sooooo inaccurate?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.