Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Wishbone positioning, ball joint and flooring
Blue Fox

posted on 17/5/08 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Wishbone positioning, ball joint and flooring

Hello,

I think I read somewhere that the positiong of the wishbones given in the book (Ron Chapman one) is wrong - is this correct? If so can anyone tell me the correct positions for the U brackets or at least a start point or something - I've got a book chassis and am using the cortina uprights. Also does the Maxi type ball joint fit the Cortina uprights or do I need to make the wishbones to fit the Cortina ball joint as I'm using the cortina uprights? Also in the book it shows the floor to parcially cover in the propshaft from underneath. I was thinking of just flooring the areas for the driver and passenger not the area under the propshaft - is this ok? Got a week off work this week so hoping to get a fair amount done!!

big_wasa

posted on 17/5/08 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
You would be better of leaving the brackets where they are and remaking the wishbones.

If you move the brackets back they will be floating in fresh air.

Imho

Blue Fox

posted on 18/5/08 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that - just realised can't move the uppers as you say!!! Also just found the search function which is very useful - I'm new on here!! I see the problem is due to no self centreing. Is this the same in both the first and second edition of the books and can anyone help me with the ball joints and the flooring
Peteff

posted on 18/5/08 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Put your location in your profile and someone may be local to help you with either some actual measurements from their chassis or a visit to look at their car.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mark Allanson

posted on 18/5/08 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Posted loads of times, but it may help Rescued attachment Wisbone Modification.JPG
Rescued attachment Wisbone Modification.JPG

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Mark Allanson

posted on 18/5/08 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
...and in real life Rescued attachment Wishbone Difference.GIF
Rescued attachment Wishbone Difference.GIF

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.