Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Two-year celebration! (Extreme delivery time!)
noc231073

posted on 10/5/12 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
We seem to kept going back to the same old story ..
Anyone living outside the Uk or anyone living far enough away from Mk premises are treated like second class customers even tought our money is the same colour.
It must be because we are easy to ignore ie: not bother answering the phone or e mails. It harder to ignore you when you turn up at their door ( which I had to travel from Ireland to get my missing parts after waiting nearly 5 months waiting for them to be delivered .
The majority of the parts supplied with there kit are cheap and very poor quality...
Anyone I know that are building or bought an Mk in the last 2 years and fall into the above category have had the same problems
I tought Danny was changing things around Mk
Maybe not

40inches

posted on 10/5/12 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MEERKAT
I know I'm just starting out building my Indy but i have researched quiet a few independent car builders, few get it right all the time, many get it wrong often, but I have found MK always easy to approach and happy to help even when I'm not going to spend my hard earned, they seem genuinely keen to get well built MK,s on the road . My advice to any builder is to take the time and visit Danny and the team on a Saturday morning at MK its worth it I promise you.

Can I ask why you chose MK over Mac#1, you could probably walk to Mach#1

fimi7

posted on 13/5/12 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but instead of wasting another day waiting I would pickup and source the needed parts myself without waiting. I bought an MK and I can say the kit as a whole is not perfect and even I missed a few things. For the things I never received I eventually gave up asking and just figured a way around it.

To be honest I am happy I did so, I have learnt and enjoyed the build much more than just bolting together someone else's kit.

At the end I have redone the front and rear suspension to match what I originally ordered, completely replaced the steering assembly and many other things.

Long story short, bleep em, get on with the build.

Sad to say but consider it money lost.

--- Ali

RSr

posted on 10/6/12 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fimi7
I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but instead of wasting another day waiting I would pickup and source the needed parts myself without waiting. I bought an MK and I can say the kit as a whole is not perfect and even I missed a few things. For the things I never received I eventually gave up asking and just figured a way around it.
To be honest I am happy I did so, I have learnt and enjoyed the build much more than just bolting together someone else's kit.
At the end I have redone the front and rear suspension to match what I originally ordered, completely replaced the steering assembly and many other things.
Long story short, bleep em, get on with the build.
Sad to say but consider it money lost.

No Not what i want to hear
I build as much as I can anyway.
Anyway, I will update on all the forums to i get my stuff.

The parts should have been delivered last week. I called on Friday to say that the stuff had not been delivered. Danny promised to call when he talked to the carrier (Give me a half hour.) Called up after an hour when I had not heard anything. Was talking to someone else this time but then I found out that they just ordered a new steering rack for me that was expected to arrive next week to MK. To be modified and sent to me .... it changes fast

RSr

posted on 16/7/12 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Another month has passed without delivery. Soon this summer will end.
Without That I could finish building my car ... it really sucks ...

Custardpants

posted on 18/7/12 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
What amazes me is that even sending a second set of parts out to this guy would save MK a lot of money - via facebook and locostbuilders he's probably put off at least one new-build customer, what's that, about £13k?
snakebelly

posted on 18/7/12 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe I'm being unfair but does the lack of any response to this thread from Danny not speak volumes?
Mr Whippy

posted on 18/7/12 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
ok so the delivery is crap

but none of those outstanding parts are either difficult to obtain elsewhere or particularly expensive, certainly not worth holding up a built for years over trivial parts, just cut your losses and get on with it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 18/7/12 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

just cut your losses and get on with it

Who's side are you on?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_gsxr

posted on 18/7/12 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RSr

I'm still waiting for it to start. You lucky bugger.

snakebelly

posted on 18/7/12 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Presuming parts are available locally why should he be out of pocket? If he has paid for the parts and if the story is as related I think he has every right to expect MK to supply his parts
Mr C

posted on 18/7/12 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
You do get worn down by it all in the end. ordered my kit in January 2010 eventually got all the bits earlier this year though cancelled part of the order because I was fed up waiting. I've still got parts quality issues where body panels were supplied over trimmed from the factory which I am fed up chasing up, almost feeling embarrassed to have to deal with this. Unfortunately its commonplace in cottage industries, and something which I'll avoid like the plague next time. My budget for my next project is circa £25k and if anyone wants my money then it will be cash on delivery of the full product/order, if the company aren't willing to do this then they can take a hike. I'm not prepared to go through the stress again like yourself.

Companies definitely off my list are SDR, MK and GTS/GT Forte

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

Davegtst

posted on 18/7/12 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Mk really are a truly crap company. I thought I had problems with them but over 2 years for delivery takes the wee big time. I also find it difficult to understand why others building cars let then get away with it and say cut your loses. What the hell is wrong with this industry? Why do they think they can treat their customers in such an appalling manor. I wish I had never had any dealings with mk and I bet the op thinks the same too. Seems strange how Danny pops up when ever they are trying to promote something but is never around to deal with the bad stuff.
designer

posted on 19/7/12 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Mk really are a truly crap company

Have only dealt with them once; that was enough.

Too busy boasting about racing and, probably, spending all their time doing it instead of dealing with customers.

RSr

posted on 19/7/12 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Custardpants
What amazes me is that even sending a second set of parts out to this guy would save MK a lot of money - via facebook and locostbuilders he's probably put off at least one new-build customer, what's that, about £13k?

I think it's closer to say, two kits and a full cage. As i know of . I have written on some Swedish forums as well.

quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
quote:
Originally posted by RSr

I'm still waiting for it to start. You lucky bugger.

Thats true, It has not been much of a summer and soon the snow is her again..

[Edited on 19/7/12 by RSr]

RK

posted on 19/7/12 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
This is my image of the kit car game: you want to build something special, think you're saving money, but really end up spending a lot more, and have a terrible feeling about it once you get the reality check. These companies try their best, but it is not enough in the modern world.

I also have a feeling that adding and subtracting is not a strong point of many builders, who actually spend a lot more than they think. This is not to say it isn't all worth it in the end, because life experiences are just that.

Caveat: I have never had problems with any UK suppliers, but thankfully, my own kit supplier is no longer trading.

bobinspain

posted on 20/7/12 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
I have a good idea who'll post next.
It's all so predictable.

MikeR

posted on 20/7/12 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Me ?
loggyboy

posted on 20/7/12 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain
It's all so predictable.

Switch predicable with inevitable

Mistral Motorsport

bobinspain

posted on 21/7/12 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain
It's all so predictable.

Switch predicable with inevitable

I'll stick with predictable.
The two posters I have in mind may yet resist the temptation, so it's not inevitable.

OX

posted on 29/7/12 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
WTF! RSr you must have the patience of a saint .Reading this from your first post i was hoping for a good ending but this just takes the p1s5. Next time any one from MK posts anywhere on this forum ,some one should post a link to this thread . I'm just glad i brought mine when Marting ran it . But even then, when i took it to(bla bla can't remember where)to have the corner weights done they pretty much laughed and took the p1s5 and said sorry we'll do the best we can hehehe !

Edited,took out the word 'Jesus' to keep the believers happy

[Edited on 30/7/12 by OX]

Not Anumber

posted on 30/7/12 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Its worth people posting on the MK Facebook page. One of the fanboys on there Dale Chadderton starts flaming as soon as anyone stops talking about racing and criticises MK's customer service. Be a real shame if a few more reaslistic comments got posted there
loggyboy

posted on 30/7/12 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
I think i would now be calling MK on a daily basis until the parts arrive. Make an absolute nusiance of yourself.

Mistral Motorsport

RSr

posted on 2/8/12 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote

snakebelly

posted on 3/8/12 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
Lol that made me smile!
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.