Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 2nd Drive
wheezy

posted on 21/4/06 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
2nd Drive

Well I have now increased the throttle pedal range by an additional 20mm and what a difference it has made.
The new feel to the pedal now gives me control of the howling banshee. Infact I was having so much fun I just had to go round the block again and again and again ( I told my wife I was calibrating the speedo).
I now have 12 days until my SVA so fingers crossed i should have managed to put a few miles on the clock before Le Mans.

donut

posted on 22/4/06 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Just been looking at your pic archive and i love the look of the car. The Gulf oils colours are my fave and you car looks the nads!! I managed to find the orig colour codes for the Gulf Porsche from the 1966 Lemans cars and used them on my mini.

gulf mini
gulf mini

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wheezy

posted on 22/4/06 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
It tooka bit of digging to try and get the right colours. With modern paints the pigmentation is much stronger than it was when the GT40's raced.
The nearest we could find was triumph powder blue and renault orange.

Thanks for the comments.

I just need to fit the cat and I should be ready for the SVA.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.