Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: fuel tank sender
jabbahutt

posted on 14/9/06 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
fuel tank sender

Baz says baffle location should be able to be determined by visible marks on external skin of tank, non visible though putting length of pipe into tank it hits something though unable to ascertain exactly where, where abouts should fuel sender hole be say in relation to the filler neck if a standard MK tank?

thanks

nick205

posted on 14/9/06 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
looking from the rear of the car, the baffle is on the left hand side of the tank about 6 inches in from the end. I discovered this the hard way after cutting a hole to fit the sender. Attached photo shows where it is now fitted and working and the patched hole from my first attempt

Still, you can't see it now I've made a cover for the boot Rescued attachment img_2.jpg
Rescued attachment img_2.jpg

jabbahutt

posted on 14/9/06 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks

Am I correct then that the sender float arm points towards the fuel inlet?

mookaloid

posted on 14/9/06 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
looking from the rear of the car, the baffle is on the left hand side of the tank about 6 inches in from the end. I discovered this the hard way after cutting a hole to fit the sender. Attached photo shows where it is now fitted and working and the patched hole from my first attempt

Still, you can't see it now I've made a cover for the boot

He he mine looks just like that for the very same reason! - and phil even told me where the baffle was when he handed it over

nick205

posted on 14/9/06 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote

jabbahutt

posted on 18/9/06 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
spoke to Baz at Donnington and for all those confused newbies like myself with newer MK tanks the bafle is now located in the middle of the tank and MK engineering recommend fitting the sender at the opposite end from the filler 20mm in

on the subject of senders
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=S/F21662

anyone used this item or know if it would be suitable for an indy?

thanks for your time

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.