Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help with tiger wiring loom, what are these plugs?
nathanharris1987

posted on 13/10/08 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Help with tiger wiring loom, what are these plugs?

Hello all,

making progress on my wiring but hit a brick wall with deciphering what some plugs are I’ve got 4 plugs all in the same bundle (diagrams below)

3 X 5 hole trapezoidal plugs and 1 rectangular 8 hole plug

Each of them has a red and black flat plug accompanying which logic would tell me is supply and earth

tiger plugs?
tiger plugs?

So in words its

B = BLACK
N = BROWN
R = RED
U = BLUE
P = PURPLE
W = WHITE
G = GREEN
LG = LIGHT GREEN

Plug 1

LG P
G X2
G Y

Plug 2

U
N (thick Brown)
R

Plug 3

G W X2
LG
G R X2

Plug 4

R
R U

Basically… what the hell are they and what do I do with them? Help?

Thank you please.

Nath

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 13/10/08 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Cant help specifically but this table shows the old standard wiring colours for the various purposes. Rescued attachment wiring colours.JPG
Rescued attachment wiring colours.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 13/10/08 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
and the missing bit from the top Rescued attachment wiring2.JPG
Rescued attachment wiring2.JPG

nathanharris1987

posted on 13/10/08 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
cheers, that looks quite handy but i wouldnt be suprised that tiger has done somthing completely different and illusive just for sh1ts and giggles.
Paul TigerB6

posted on 13/10/08 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
1st one - heater???
2nd one - lights (side / dip)
3rd one - hazards (g/w & g/r give it away as these are standard colours for indicator circuits left and right)
4th one - fog light

Tiger use the standardised colours throughout their loom

djtom

posted on 13/10/08 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
They go to the dash switches. Can't remember which is which at present, but at a guess they are for main / sidelights, hazards, fog, heater fan, etc.

The seperate red / black spade terminals are for the switch illumination - i.e. the switches light up when the head/side lights are on.

Diagram here, but I can't vouch for it's accuracy!
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve_randle/Tiger%20wiring%20diagram.htm

HTH
Tom

nathanharris1987

posted on 13/10/08 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
i agree paul that makes sense but then i found a diagram stating what went into the sierra stalks with the dipped headlights already mentioned?

Cheers for that diagram dj tom its bloody useful! everything is making sense slowly.

nathanharris1987

posted on 13/10/08 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
i agree paul that makes sense but then i found a diagram stating what went into the sierra stalks with the dipped headlights already mentioned?

Cheers for that diagram dj tom its bloody useful! everything is making sense slowly.

DaveFJ

posted on 13/10/08 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
some useful docs on my website about wiring too....

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

Paul TigerB6

posted on 13/10/08 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure the Sierra stalks wiring only contain the Main Beam switch.

If you look at the blue wire coming out of the lights plug, it should run to a 5-blade changover relay (onto pin 30) of the Tiger loom. The main beam switch will then be connected via pin 85 or 86 to the Sierra column switches.

DaveFJ

posted on 13/10/08 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by djtom
They go to the dash switches. Can't remember which is which at present, but at a guess they are for main / sidelights, hazards, fog, heater fan, etc.

The seperate red / black spade terminals are for the switch illumination - i.e. the switches light up when the head/side lights are on.

Diagram here, but I can't vouch for it's accuracy!
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve_randle/Tiger%20wiring%20diagram.htm

HTH
Tom

That diagram is for the Tiger '12 fuse' loom

The more common loom is the simpler '6 fuse' which only has 2 relays (headlights and flasher) and obviously only 6 fuses.....

Dave

nathanharris1987

posted on 13/10/08 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Rigghht, so all those wires i plugged into the sierra stalks... only the inidactors and main beam functions of the stalk will work?

the rest like hazard, lights and fog switch will have to be seperate on the dash?

ta

Nath

Ps havent got heater or window wipers so just cut that stalk off.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 13/10/08 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
From memory (building a Supercat earlier this year), the Tiger loom uses the column switches for the indicators and wipers only as normal. Did you get any rocker switches from Tiger at all??

Have a look at the Tiger 12 fuse wiring diagram on the following site under "Documents". It shows the main beam switch on the column switches as well as the rocker switch that Tiger supply that fits the plugs (Delta Switches as per Premier Wiring's website)

Link for wiing diagram
Link for Premier Wiring showing Delta Switches

[Edited on 13/10/08 by Paul TigerB6]

DaveFJ

posted on 13/10/08 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
I can only speak for the 6 fuse loom - which I assume you have as it is an Avon.....

The loom uses the wiper and light/indicator stalks on the standard sierra column. The light/indicator stalk operates the indicators (obviously!) and the hi/lo beam. It can also be made to work as a flash if you supply a seperate 1+12v to one of the spare pins (cant remember which but a quick search on here will tell you)

Hazard and side/main light switches are designed to be seperate on the dash - they will have been supplied if you have a full kit....

HTH

Dave

Paul TigerB6

posted on 13/10/08 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Best to let us know which loom you have anyway - either the 6-fuse or 12-fuse version. I thought they just did the 12-fuse version myself now
nathanharris1987

posted on 13/10/08 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
ive got the 6 fuse loom

would it be too much of a job to route the side lights switch into the old light stalk on the right?

also i take it i need an extra "flasher" module if i want this function?

ta

nath

DaveFJ

posted on 13/10/08 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
flasher - is built into main / dip switch - you just need to supply an extra +12v

Dave

Paul TigerB6

posted on 13/10/08 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Should be pretty easy to wire in the lights to the column switch if thats your preference like that. The brown wire is simple a common supply for the lights so just need to work out where to connect it on the standard Sierra lighting switch plug, along with the feeds for side lights (red) and dip / main feed (blue/white).

The main beam flash is already part of the indicator switch anyway isnt it, along with the mean beam switch on the left hand column switch??

nathanharris1987

posted on 13/10/08 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
alright nice one,

ive got the following colour coding on my sierra stalk...

Sierra stalks in colour
Sierra stalks in colour

ive got a brown, red and blue wire to go to what looks like 2 pins (30) and (58) on the bottom left hand diagram?

the stalk has two phases which i presume is one click up for side lites and another click for dipped?

DaveFJ

posted on 14/10/08 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
OK....

I think the problem is you are getting a lot of advice based on general knowledge of the Sierra and looms in general - however the Tiger loom is a different kettle of water dwelling creatures......

I cant say anything about the lights/wipers as I dont have those stalks fitted.... I think the 6 fuse loom is designed to use the wiper stalk. However it is not designed to use the lights stalk. But I am sure you could work out what to connect to where in order to get it working just by using a continuity meter. you will probably have to add some wire to extend to the stalk though as the loom is designed to place the light switch in the center of the dash.

As for the Hazard switch on top of the column... dont bother! I tried getting this working with the Tiger loom and it would require basically remaking half the loom!

However, I can tell you taht the Tiger 6 fuse loom will NOT connect to the dip/main/indicator like that!

15.... connect seperate +12v if you want a flash

This diagram should explain the rest.... this IS the way the 6 fuse loom connects and is how mine is connected and working perfectly
Tiger indicator wiring
Tiger indicator wiring

HTH

Dave

nathanharris1987

posted on 14/10/08 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers dave,

i'll have the hazard seperate but see if i cant get the lights working on the RHS stalk.

Nath

Schrodinger

posted on 15/10/08 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
I had a six fuse loom in my cat that I built in 2002 and wired the lights through the column switches, it was quite straight forward but took a while with a multimeter and the Sierra wiring diagram to work out which connections to use, The loom does not as standard offer the main beam flash although again that is straight forward IIRC there is a pin 15 on both the left and right switches that needs to be linked.
Something you will need to be aware of though is that the Ford used about 5 different pin configurations in the various Sierras.
Those connectors are, as has been said, for the dash switches. I still have the build manual ( for the occassional laugh) for the Cat which has a list of the connections if that is any help.
If you really need a copy of the wiring diagram for the Tiger contact Giles Cooper on the Tiger Owners Club forum as he did the diagram for Tiger.

Keith
Aviemore

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.