Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: yahoo bec forum
marc n

posted on 10/4/04 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
yahoo bec forum

hi all, ive seen people refering to this site, but cant seem to find it please could someone advise of its location

many thanks

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 10/4/04 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Here you go:

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/bike-engined-cars/messages

marc n

posted on 10/4/04 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
wow!!!! that was quick

many thanks

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
spunky

posted on 10/4/04 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
I went to it last night.
Compared to this site it's crap. Took ages to sign in and the pop ups get on your nerves.
Also the lay out is hardly easy to navigate but then maybe I'm just a muppet.

IMHO of course
John

JoelP

posted on 10/4/04 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
no spunky, its not just you. I hate the way yahoo groups seem to have no threads, just a muddled list. still, take 'em as they come i guess!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Jasper

posted on 10/4/04 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Pain in the arse to use, yes, many have tried to convince them to use a forum like ours, Chris W has even offered to set one up, but a lot of the chaps cannot look at web sites at work, but can get the list email though so can keep up with the messages which this forum software can't do.

However, there is a real wealth of knowledge on there, and you're likely to get a reply in minutes, especially during work hours. So stick with it, it's worth it, and you can do a search on the list as well.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 10/4/04 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
I second everything Jasper says, Yahoo is a clunky way to communicate but the knowledge on there is leagues above any other BEC related forum I know of.

Hellfire

posted on 10/4/04 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Yahoo

We subscribe to both - that way we try not to miss any information... but with Yahoo you do get loads of unrelated cr*p...

marc n

posted on 10/4/04 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link but after trying to navigate round the site, i have lost the will, decided to stick to this forum only !!
locoboy

posted on 10/4/04 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
Marc n .....completely agree, i will only persevere wuth the yahho list if there is something i REALLY need to knoe about and QUICKLY. Its a poo format and when i have searched for CBR 1000 info it seems to include peoples user names in the search reults......wats the point in that?.....................loads of useless tat but the occasional gem to be found too.

if its something really specific your looking for then it may be worth the time and effort, if not then there are more enjoyable ways of finding out the info!

ATB
Locoboy

Jasper

posted on 11/4/04 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Just use it to ask questions, then it works well.

Don't use it to look for information, then it's cr*p.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.