Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine configuration
Macca

posted on 18/10/02 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Engine configuration

Does anybody know of any bec's that have been completed with something other than an inline four!
V2 , V4 or even a triple, any stories relating to performance gratefully received.
Cheers Col.

sting

posted on 19/10/02 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Macca
You should speak to stuart taylor motorsport they have fitted sp1 engine and all kinds of bec v engines to their chassis`s .

regards Sting

Jasper

posted on 20/10/02 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
IMHO the problem with V2 is the power for cash problem. SP1's and duacti's sound gorgeous, but are expensive £ for bhp to in-line fours. I've owned a couple of dukes, and LOVE the noise and grunt, but they can't compare with a blade/ninja for power.

Depends of how much u want to spend.

Macca

posted on 20/10/02 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Jasper, to be honest I'm a bit of a tight git which is why I've been looking at the less popular motors, old exup's gsxr11's etc. But to be honest you're still looking at spending 3-400 for the motor then theres the loom,rad/oil coolers etc etc. It ends up by going this route I may save a couple of hundred quid and create an awful lot of extra work trying to find bits.Just don't know if the money saved is worth it.
Cheers Col

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.