Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx9r engine codes/years
westindy

posted on 5/4/03 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r engine codes/years

I am searching for a ZX9R for my Indy does anyone know the year of manufacture for B, C ...etc its all very confusing - Whats the going rate for each type/year and what ancillary Parts do i need to ensure I get with my Purchase??

thanks, Paul

Ben 4x4 Shepperd

posted on 5/4/03 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
I think C are about 98/99 onwards mines a c2 and thats 2001. Try spares unlimited in hull 01482 320385 that who I used and also make sure what you get with it as ancilleries are quite expensive!
Ben

Wadders

posted on 5/4/03 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
"B" models are pre 1998,and are different from post 1998 "C" and "E" models. the engine number has the model as the prefix i.e ZX9RC1####### so they are easy to distinguish. Type "B" engines have the alternator as a seperate unit under the carbs,later engines have the alternator on the end of the crank inside the casings. The later engines also have lots of magnesium bits which keeps the weight down. As Ben says make sure you get all the bits to make it run.

ATB

Wadders

posted by westindy
I am searching for a ZX9R for my Indy does anyone know the year of manufacture for B, C ...etc its all very confusing - Whats the going rate for each type/year and what ancillary Parts do i need to ensure I get with my Purchase??

thanks, Paul

westindy

posted on 11/4/03 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r ancilllaries

Can someone define exactly what ancilaries I should get with my ZX9R, simple question but too late when I have parted with my £800
Wadders

posted on 11/4/03 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
essential items to actually make the thing run are:
cdi unit,carbs,regulator/rectifier unit,coils (one per cylinder),& starter motor.

non essential,but desirable items are:
wiring loom,starter solenoid/main fuse unit
radiator,clocks and downpipes.

oh, and an intact engine number and guarantee are nice too.

ATB

Wadders

i]Originally posted by westindy
Can someone define exactly what ancilaries I should get with my ZX9R, simple question but too late when I have parted with my £800 [/quote

westindy

posted on 13/4/03 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r Continued

Thanks for info - Went to Brands Hatch today and someone was running a Tiger with a ZX9R B version he said this has less power than a C and the cradle mounts are different - also he thought B's are hard to come by and would opt for a C. Does anyone know the BHP figures for a B v C engine. Also does MK do a cradle for an Indy for both B and C engines, if so how much?
Jasper

posted on 13/4/03 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
C's are 149bhp
westindy

posted on 14/4/03 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r "E"

been offered a ZX9R "E" (2000) 3k miles all bits plus warranty £1000 is that a good buy ?- is the E with carbs or injection and are the mounts the same as a C?
I was told the gearbox is a lot stronger on the E version , is the bhp up on the C?

Jasper

posted on 14/4/03 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
I would say it's an average price, mine was a 1999 with 8k (I had the clocks) and was £850. When you say all bits, does than include rad, clocks and exhaust manifold, or just the usual electrics. As is the warranty till you fire it up, or just 1 month from purchase? And have u got any proof at mileage?

Can't answer the other questions though...

coozer

posted on 14/4/03 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Mines got ZX900E at the beginning of the number. What does that relate too???
coozer

posted on 14/4/03 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry ZX900CE

Steve

Rorty

posted on 15/4/03 at 01:59 AM Reply With Quote
coozer, I can't help with the output figures you want, but there's an Engine Buying Guide on my site, which details all the stuff you need to get with your engine. Hope it's of some help.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 15/4/03 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Coozer, it's a ZX9 C, same as mine, around 1998/9, used by many in BEC's

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.