Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fireblade hiss system
grahamgg

posted on 9/8/06 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
fireblade hiss system

Has anyone used the fireblade 954 without the hiss system..will using a resistor between the pink and black/white 12v feed work on this engine.It is a 2002 rr-2 954

[Edited on 9/8/06 by grahamgg]

Grahame L

posted on 9/8/06 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Used the Hiss on mine but did talk to a guy at a breakers who said he could bypass it. Don't know regd the resistor but will u2u you if I can find that guys details, however it was over two years ago.

Grahame

the_fbi

posted on 9/8/06 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting question. I believed the resistor trick did work but I've never installed mine to find out.

Somebody did once tell me that they had to use the loom/ecu from a USA bike which doesn't have the HISS system as the resistor trick didn't work for them.

Then again, there are so many switches (clutch, stand, tilt) etc that one of them may have been the reason why theirs didn't work.

If you get stuck and need to fire it up whilst waiting for any bits you may need, I've got a complete 954, dash, ignition barrel (with hiss surround), key, loom etc you could borrow for any short term requirements.

If you need some fuelling/emissions help I've also got a Yoshimura EMS for it (with 3 position switch) so you can change maps on the fly from a "drive it to the SVA" and a "emissions test during the SVA" setting

I've never installed/run any of this 954 or Yoshi EMS but it's all known working.

grahamgg

posted on 9/8/06 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
will the american ecu fit the uk loom,just recieved my fireblade haynes manual today so will look at the wiring diagram..Are you selling yoshimura ems there is a power commander on ebay im,e watching at the moment but would prefer yoshimura..
the_fbi

posted on 9/8/06 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grahamgg
will the american ecu fit the uk loom,just recieved my fireblade haynes manual today so will look at the wiring diagram..Are you selling yoshimura ems there is a power commander on ebay im,e watching at the moment but would prefer yoshimura..

I believe it has to be a US loom and ECU.

Then again, you may find it works fine with just the resistor in there.

Yoshi isn't for sale, at some point when the 919 gives up I'll stick the 954 in. I'd do it from the start but the thought of going backwards, removing engine buying new manifolds etc is disheartening at the moment.

Be nice to look forwards to a power hike too

Toady1

posted on 10/8/06 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
ive got a new question to ask on this subject....ive got the smae engine but an rr3 954 to go in mine over the winter, but the bike was in a big head on crash which smashed the whole front end up inc the clocks and the H.I.S.S surround thing that goes around the ign key. The guys i bought the engine kit from gave me another part, but as its part of the imobiliser system is it simply interchangable?
the_fbi

posted on 10/8/06 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
The way I believed the HISS worked was a proximity sensor in the lock surround and the key (body) as the "required part" in order to deactivate the HISS.

The coding would be in the clocks or ecu but the physical bit around the lock would be bike independant.

Thats just how I presumed it would be, no idea in reality sorry

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 10/8/06 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
the key surround part on the ignition switch is interchangeable with other bikes. its the key and ecu that are paired, so as long as they match you'll be ok. the ignition key surround on mine is off a blackbird
Toady1

posted on 11/8/06 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotlad
the key surround part on the ignition switch is interchangeable with other bikes. its the key and ecu that are paired, so as long as they match you'll be ok. the ignition key surround on mine is off a blackbird

phew! youve just made my day!

how come the pic of your engine in your photo archive is of an older blade not the 954? i take it that you have since fitted the later 954 engine? if so was there much of a difference between the engines?

[Edited on 11/8/06 by Toady1]

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 11/8/06 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yup you guessed it- fitted the 954 earlier this year. I'm getting the power commander tuned at holeshot a week on wednesday so i'll let you know what power to expect from yours. New engine has a fair bit more torque than my old carb one and is much more responsive- probably due to the fuel injection. Its more or less the same fittings between engines but the exhaust is completely different. Pleased with the results so far
Toady1

posted on 14/8/06 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
cool! keep me posted! ill prob pm you to ask some questions about certain switches etc!
alfasudsprint

posted on 29/8/06 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Scotlad,

what did you do for the exhaust? And engine cradle, did u make one or off the shlf? I understood its different to the 929 model...
also, what about a cat, do you have one? I was going to use power commander plus carbon cannister.
Lastly, anyone else care to comment on difference between Yoshimura and Power Commander?

the_fbi

posted on 29/8/06 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
afaik 929 and 954 are the same mounts/positions etc. They are both different to the previous 919/893 etc though.

929 to 954 should be drop in.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.