Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Loco sees the light
highspeeddirt

posted on 28/5/03 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Loco sees the light

I've at last managed to get the Locosaki out of the garage. It's taken six months to get this far and it has all been very entertaining but seeing it outside in the light is the best bit so far. Attracted a lot of attention from my neighbours asking what it is etc. Also, I could not believe how low it seems having been working on it on tall axle stands. I even had trouble getting the jack out from under it. I've uploaded some pics to the archive for anyone who wants a look.

Steve

Jasper

posted on 28/5/03 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hey - looking good. Know what you mean about the height though, amazed me too once I got it on it's wheels.
MK9R

posted on 28/5/03 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Keep it up, looks good, can't wait to see ours out in the sun!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locodude

posted on 28/5/03 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmmm, seems that I'm something of a trend setter with this orange and silver colour scheme. I'm not so sure it suits your car Steve, I think you should go for a plainer colour
p.s. Been for a blast in the 'Tangerine Ninja' tonight accompanied by Steve 'electrical genius' Keenan in his 'Cadbury Boost' MK Indyblade. Wicked

Macca

posted on 28/5/03 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
Steve,
Looks really nice.Very impressed with the look of the exhaust system, any information on that ?

Cheers Col

highspeeddirt

posted on 29/5/03 at 05:13 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys, I thought I may get some comments on the colour I knew from the start I wanted a bright colour and as I don't really like red or green I was going with yellow until I saw how many yellow cars there seems to be, so orange was next on the list and Chris I did look at yours and Ben's sites before I decided.

Col, the exhaust is from Stuart Taylor's as is just about all the car. The front pipe is about two inches too long to fit the box at the moment so still some work to fit that yet.

Steve

Jasper

posted on 29/5/03 at 06:14 AM Reply With Quote
I've used the ST pipe as well, ended up cutting almost all of the single section off tho to fit my silencer on. Are you using the standard ST silencer? Cos if you want to do track days you may find it too loud. I've used an R1 one and it's quieter.
jimgiblett

posted on 29/5/03 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good. Really like the colour what is it (I assume paint rather than gel)?

Jim

highspeeddirt

posted on 29/5/03 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jim, no the fiberglass is gel coat, it is the only orange ST do. I have thought about painting the ali to match or even the whole car but I like the look at the moment so I'll be leaving it at least until I've got fed up polishing the ali

Jasper, you could be right about the length of the pipe, without the rear wings on I was just guessing on the amount to cut off. With regard to the noise I thought as the ST silencer is repackable I would just need to put more stuff in to reduce the noise, and take it out again to scare kids. I hope I'm not going to need to buy another box as the bits I've brought and not used pile is growing rapidly.

Steve

uberf1end

posted on 3/6/03 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
No sure about the ZX9 but I have the ST exhaust on my blade engine.
I've repacked it as much as is humanly possible (I managed to fit nearly a whole bag of that ceramic wooly stuff in on top of what was already there). After talking to Ian Gray at ST, I also squared off the perforated inner at 3 points (to force more gas into the wadding).

However, there was no change in noise level at all - it sounds nice and throaty but still measures 103db at 3/4 revs.....

I am getting a baffle or two put in next week (while I'm away at Le Mans) which will hopefully sort it out and I got a micron race can off eBay for the road (which is outrageously loud)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.