Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: gts or mk?
Alan B

posted on 16/3/04 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
martin has posted once or twice i think........

Really?...I didn't know..

Yes, I accept he is super busy...and deservedly so....and if he does post occasionally then I guess my comments are unnecessary...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mk-Ninja

posted on 16/3/04 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Alan, Martin has posted on here when he felt it apropriate. But as Jon says the best sales force are your customers. The man makes a quality product and backs it up with professional personel sevice.

Gordon

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

Alan B

posted on 16/3/04 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Gordon,

I never disputed any of that in the slightest.....I'm certain everything good said about MK is 100% true.

For the record Martin has posted once (unless he has mulitple accounts) to basically say no comment about the prop shaft incident......

My point...which I will make one final time is.....that IMO, for the benefit of MK eng., it wouldn't hurt to pass the odd comment slightly more often, rather than have speculative comments tossed around....I'm not sayng come online and brag, rather come online and correct ill informed discussions....

I can't stress enough how much I believe that MK are an excellent company, and my comments are intended to only to be helpful...

However, Martin may be even smarter than I think by not stepping in and putting the record straight now and then.

As OW said "the only thing worse than being talked about...is not being talked about"...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mk-Ninja

posted on 17/3/04 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
Enough said

garage19

posted on 17/3/04 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
If i ran Mk and were as busy as they were, i would limit drop in visits to saturdays any way. The man has so much to do in the week and the customers benefit by getting all the time thay need and full attention on saturday. I've been to MK on a saturday morn and its more like a very friendly owners club meet! Potential customers are also almost certain to be able to talk to existing customers and more importanly look over their finished cars.
Cant say for luego or GTS but i am very happy with the Mk service.

Doug.

Jon Ison

posted on 17/3/04 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
and taken for a spin too, allthough one got more than he bargained for, did you know an Indy can climb out of a field up a 1:4 bank..........there is a pic somewhere of the "grasscutting" incident........

dozracing

posted on 17/3/04 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
A customer of mine said yesterday that i should be very pleased that the title of this thread is gts vs mk, and that Luego who have a massive ad on every page of this site and Tiger aren't given a mention. He has a point! I'm pleased that people are prepared to discuss and compare our product with something rated so highly as the MK, and that by inference Luego and Tiger are perhaps considered inferior in some way.

Closing arguments on why you should buy a GTS. Thought i'd just do a quick direct price comparison (all prices taken direct from MK website this evening).

GTS rolling chassis kit includes:-
Chassis (powder coated and with floor, seatback etc....),
Front suspension - powder coated and with camber adjuster system.
DeDion rear suspension - powder coated.
Set of four shocks and springs.
Polybush kit.
Suspension bolt kit.
11 piece bodywork (back panel, side panels, scuttle, bonnet, nose cone and four wings and dash).
Engine mounts - powder coated.
Steering rack expentions,
Mushroom adaptors,
Front cycle wing supports,
Roll hoop,
Adjustable pedal set,
Exchange uprights
Exchange steering column down link.
£1950.

MK equivalent kit is £2295 and isn't powder coated, so with powder coating = £2470

Thats a whopping £520 saving with GTS. If you order before end of March (limited to five people only) then you receive a free aluminium fuel tank worth £90.

Questions/comments should be sent offlist to darren@gtstuning.co.uk

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

dozracing

posted on 17/3/04 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Oops sorry forgot to add that the GTS kit also comes with a 6 piece bal joint set and new steering rack rubber mounts.

Lead time is 2-3 weeks on a kit.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Staple balls

posted on 17/3/04 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
ladies....

could we try to aviod making this a mk Vs. GTS bitching ground?

when it comes down to it, they are 2 pretty different products, made by 2 different companies. now, they may be dead equal on quality and from what i've seen/heard both companies are about the same service wise.

But

Mk have been going a lot longer, have a good reputation, not saying that GTS doesn't, but you are less well known in the greater scheme of things.

and just to say, i've been very satisfied with all the products i've had from both companies, but gts does need to work on the customer services and delivery times.

mk could do with online ordering of stuff, or at least someone to real the email.

dozracing

posted on 17/3/04 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Its no bitching ground. In fact i've been very impressed with the way that things have been kept super civilised in comparison with some threads you get on here.

Your comments are dead correct. As i said in a previous posting, MK have a fantastic advantage in that they are so well known and have sold so many kits that they have established their reputation and achieved a good one at that.

I'm in the position where i have to generate that interest and get kits moving so that people can see for themselves how easy they are to build, how well made they are etc.. This is the one reason that i'm forced to work this group every evening and MK don't have to. The same thing applies with pricing. I have to offer a super attractive kit to get volume in the market place so that i can get positive feedback and spread the word.

If you want a nicely detailed kit, loaded with features and a highly discounted price, designed and developed by a highly experience F1 designer and made by an equally experience race car fabricator then we would like to do business with you. If you want an MK because its a known product, highly rated by those who build and work with them, then your choice will be MK and there is nothing i can do about that.

Don't accuse me of slagging MK off though cos i haven't a bad word to say about them.

Kind regards,

Darren

Staple balls

posted on 17/3/04 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dozracing
Don't accuse me of slagging MK off though cos i haven't a bad word to say about them.

i've never seen you slag mk off, and i don't expect to

Mk-Ninja

posted on 17/3/04 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Darren. Are you that desperate for business. I have never seen such blatant advertising on a thread. May be we do need moderators after all.

dozracing

posted on 17/3/04 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Not desperate. Keen to establish a presence.

I think most people understand that my general rule is to keep all mention of prices out of posts on this website, as i have realised that this can cause offence to some.

I thought i would lay it out once and only once on here and let that be that. Especially as the thread itself calls for a comparison between the two i think its justified in this instance.

Point duely noted though. Also noted is that you are using a Ninja engine, which is interesting as we have recently done two Ninja engined cars one fully assembled and one in kit form which is now in rolling chassis stage (see Chris B's post and pics). I'm very interested to see how the performance works out with these bike engines as these are our first use of them.

Kind regards,

Darren

M@Triton

posted on 17/3/04 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

I met Martin when we did Stoneliegh in 2002, well actually he came to find if i actually decided to go but that's another story and best forgotten....Really nice bloke and wished us well.
So what i am saying is we do not have any bad feelings, more like admiration for what MK has done for the kit industry.......
Regards
Mark

greggors84

posted on 18/3/04 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
When i was looking for a kit last year, i looked at all the kits, i went back and forward and couldnt decide what to have. I was going for a tiger, then heard bad things about them, eventually i went for an MK because i had only heard good things about them.

They were really friendly and helpful on the phone, and when we went to pick up the kit, they were even more friendly even though they were busy. I popped along to the stand at donnington to pick someparts up and had a quick chat then. They always give the advice to the best of their knowledge.

Everyone i have spoke to with an MK has been very impressed and had no gripes.

The only thing i can say they could improve is have someone to answer the phones and emails. I was waiting for some parts for a couple of weeks once, but as soon as i phoned they arrived within two days. Its been said before that MK is a great engineering but he might need to work on his business skills .
Also the amount of kits they make and to the quality they make them its amazing they have time to eat sleep and breathe.
Just cant wait to get it on the road and pop up there and see them.

p.s. Naming any names on this F1 designer darren?

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

ned

posted on 18/3/04 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Well,

I'm going to the GTS formula 1 design office tomorrow lunch to pick up my dedion axle. I had a nice chat with Darren yesterday about his work and I'm looking forward to taking a look round tomorrow and see what he's working on. No promises that I'll be able to disclose any of the info though, f1 is top secret stuff! try asking james about his mclaren gearboxes!!

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

marc n

posted on 18/3/04 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
re gts kit verses mk kit price

Surely the two cant be comparable as one is dedion setup one Independent, surely indy more expensive due to uprights, more wishbones, ball joints etc ??????. Surely The mk would be better compared to a Luego as same chassis type. Does anybody else do a dedion setup ???????, Do like the look of it i must admit, what is the advantage and thinking behind the dedion axle as opposed to the independant type, and a live axle

cheers

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Jon Ison

posted on 18/3/04 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=8090

JoelP

posted on 18/3/04 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
irs hard to set up, dedion simple. Dedion has better camber control in acceleration, irs is better in roll.

anything to add to that?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

M@Triton

posted on 18/3/04 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
It comes down to a personal choice......people rave about the new Mini.......personaly i think it's pig ugly and just not a Mini....but then that's my opinion.
Ian Pearson

posted on 18/3/04 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
I've bought stuff from MK, Darren & Mark. Spoken to them all on more than one occasion. They are all good folk, trying to make a crust. I personally found Mark and Darren a little more personal, and if I were to start all over again, my instinct would be to buy from them. For the 7th Day MKists amongst you, I'm not anti MK . just a subtle difference between the two outfits.
Noodle

posted on 18/3/04 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Pearson
For the 7th Day MKists amongst you

I think you've hit the nail squarely on the head there.

Cheers,

Neil.

Kit Agnostic

Your sort make me sick

Ian Pearson

posted on 18/3/04 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote

M@Triton

posted on 18/3/04 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Ever noticed that blue smarties taste different?..............
Hellfire

posted on 19/3/04 at 01:53 AM Reply With Quote
Our's is an MK...

...and we have no particular preference other than it being around the corner from us... We have little gripes about our MK, but to be honest who doesn't? Surely it depends on your level of skill and inginuity and more importantly your expectations of your own build.

Personally I believe that publically critisising your competition generally does nothing for your own credibility. IMHO it tends to lower the opinion of potential buyers towards you due to the defensive and biased view you are portraying - so it actively acts against you.

We don't really need to hear the manufacturers openly slag each other off in public do we?

Just my ten-penneth... afterall we all have our faults!

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.