Poll: Top gear hot hatch what's your fav... [View Results]
Golf gti
Nova Sri
Fiesta xr2i
Don't care

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Top gear hot hatch what's your fav...
carpmart

posted on 4/2/14 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
They should have found a Montego Turbo...

Not a hatch, but a great car, I had one 20 odd years ago, BBR tuned, a real rocket ship,you might be thinking of the Maestro was the hot hatch version? again a true hot hatch, 150bhp back in 1988 was a bit quick

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

I had both the Montego and Maestro. The Maestro had the worst torque steer I've ever experienced in a car ever (and the worst turbo lag ever). I was running quite a bit more boost than it was originally specced for, just a simple shorten the wastegate actuator arm jobbie, but boy was it effective! They were company cars and I was a good bit younger and more reckless than I am today.

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Trollyjack

posted on 4/2/14 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
I had a Mk1 XR2
2 x XR2s Mk2
then went to Fiat
had 2 Fiat uno Turbos also had them chipped these could catch pigeons very quick.

Then went up to a Toyota Mk2 supra 3.0 turbo had to sell could not keep up to petrol tank.

TrollyJack

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 4/2/14 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
the Nova loses on driver image alone (no offence Loggyboy )

None taken - allthough I think that image is largely forgotten now - even the the latter 90s 106s, saxos are starting to loose that image. Its now Clios and those Limited Ed 1.2 corsas with big wheels which are the chavs choice. I cant remember the last time I saw a nova on the road that wasnt standard and being driven by a granny. All the others have either been shipped to ireland for rallying or rusted away.

Mistral Motorsport

Paul Turner

posted on 4/2/14 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
With regards to the Maestro GTi there is one nice thing I can say about it, made my XR3i appear to be a good car. The Maestro demonstrator was nearly new and falling apart, my XR3i was a nasty piece of work but at least most things stayed where Ford intended.
mcerd1

posted on 4/2/14 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Its now Clios and those Limited Ed 1.2 corsas with big wheels which are the chavs choice.

even my old S1 106 had lost a bit of the image back in 2003 - all the ned's had moved onto S2's and saxo's then...

why is it that the most heavily modified ones are always the slowest models ?

one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the road was a 1.2 corsa C (with every bit of tat that halfords sell nailed to it and some giant wheels) driving up a bit of a hill on the dual carriageway at about 60mph
my bog std. poverty spec 106 was managing to do about 65mph with all of it 45hp (top speed for up hill...) so started to pass very slowly....

this resulted in the ned in question getting a bit exited and bouncing up and down in his seat - I have to assume he was a bit upset that he'd just been overtaken by a crappy 106 with a big '1.0' badge on the side - either that or he'd just found a snake in the car
(I was just trying to ignore him)

then when the cars were level out of the corner of my eye I saw the worlds most dramatic gear change - this seemed to trigger a very loud electronic dump valve effect (loud enough to hear at that speed) and I can only assume he put it in 3rd and hit the rev limiter as he suddenly disappeared

[Edited on 4/2/2014 by mcerd1]

-

BangedupTiger

posted on 4/2/14 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
My first choice would have been the AX GT, but not for Top Gear because I wouldn't want them to smash one up.

Best car I ever owned. i'd pay silly money if I could get it back.

Out the list, Golf is obviously the best.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.