Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: gts or mk?
guff

posted on 28/2/04 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
gts or mk?

hello, prob the wrong forum,but best value for money, gts or indy??
Staple balls

posted on 28/2/04 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
hmmn

i'd say they're probably about equal, i have no experience with the gts kit, so i can't tell you how well made it is.

however, the mk kit is bloody good, i've had no real problems with anything, tolerences all seem fine, all round i'm very impressed

Graceland

posted on 28/2/04 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
do a scratch build - pay about 60 for materials and have hours of fun hehe

Staple balls

posted on 28/2/04 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Graceland
do a scratch build - pay about 60 for materials and have hours of fun hehe

unless of course, you don't have any welding equipment, experience or knowledge..

Graceland

posted on 28/2/04 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
good point

but still - hours of fun

tom_loughlin

posted on 28/2/04 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
GTS

hi, i went for a look round the GTS factory, and the guys there were very helpful!
dont know a lot about mk, but i am definitley going to be orering a GTS kit in april

Graceland

posted on 28/2/04 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
i've had excellant service from gts myself - just waiting to place my order for the de-dion back beam

Mk-Ninja

posted on 28/2/04 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Cant comment about GTS but MK will take some beating, genuine people, everybody is helpfull and profesional, they come fully recomended

Gordon

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

britishtrident

posted on 15/3/04 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Not crazy about the kink right in the middle of the GTS de dion tube, I suspect they could have designed it a bit better and reduced it a little bit by grinding the unused lug off the back of back the Siera diif.
Findlay234

posted on 15/3/04 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Dont forget about Luego.

I know that doesnt help but i know of no one whos had anything bad to say about Luego whereas some peeps have had arguements with MK. Read through past threads.

Do not take this as a dig against mk, they are great and there really is nothing in between them, its all down to the look and feel you prefer.

[Edited on 15/3/04 by Findlay234]

Jon Ison

posted on 15/3/04 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
MK, nuff said.

M@Triton

posted on 16/3/04 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
The design allows for an easy build hence the shape of the axle. No modifications are then needed to fit a standard Ford component.

Regards
Mark

(still think shorter is better!!)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 16/3/04 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I suggest that, as you are planning to spend a heap of money, that you should visit all of the parties concerned and make your mind up based on quality of workmanship, helpfulness of the people, and price. Yes, it'll take a day or three, but you'll be happier in the end.
Second choice is to go to a show, but you may not see people like GTS (but you can always ring and ask if they'll be at a particular show).
I don't think you'll find a lot of difference in build quality between Luego, MK, GTS and ST. You may well find the personalities friendly, apart from ST maybe. You will notice differences in price, to a certain extent.

Finally, see if there are any builders nearby, and ask what they think of their car.

To summarise - shop around!

cheers,

David

dozracing

posted on 16/3/04 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Just to correct the misunderstanding about our presence at shows.

We are intending to do the majority of shows this year Detling being the first.

As for build quality/workmanship, i strongly believe that we are at worst equal to our competitors and our background and combined experience cannot be equaled in the rest of the kit car industry. This is reflected in the ingenuity and quality of the components we manufacture. Also worth bearing in mind that since we launched our kit in November we have developed several key ingeniuos components/systems for our car taking it past the competition already. This is set to continue as its in our nature to constantly innovate and develop.

We are at a big disadvantage in comparison to MK etc, in that as we are so new there are less people building our kit and hence less people to give an opinion on its ease of build and quality etc..

We are very accomodating, factory visits are welcomed at anytime you can call me any time including evenings and weekends. MK for one are not so welcoming and i believe visits are restricted to saturday mornings only.

Basically if you put your trust in us we will work as hard as physically possible to ensure you are 100% satisfied with the end result. We are very accomodating with respect to altering the design/specification to suit a customers needs. Just ask and we'll try and help.

Kind regards,

Darren (GTS)

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 16/3/04 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Darren,

I wasn't trying to put you down, honest! Most people here seem to put you in the same league as MK and Luego for build and design, which ain't bad at all.

I have some of the Triton GRP on my car, and I can recommend it to anyone.

best wishes,

David

ned

posted on 16/3/04 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
whatever you do, don't grind the lug off the back of the sierra dif, i have done this and you end up with a hole as the casting goes up inside that lug - it's hollow!!!

I think there's not much between the gts and mk, though I haven't seen the gts in the kit, but have bought bits/dealt with darren and it all seems good stuff so far. my dedion tube is on its way and hopefully bodywork will be being sorted soon.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

Jon Ison

posted on 16/3/04 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
"We are very accomodating, factory visits are welcomed at anytime you can call me any time including evenings and weekends. MK for one are not so welcoming and i believe visits are restricted to saturday mornings only."

The above comments regards MK are simply not true, not sure this is the place for them either, from a private individual maybe but............

anyhow, thats IMHO only.

dozracing

posted on 16/3/04 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Apologies to Mk, if that not the case, but thats the feedback i've been getting recently regarding making contact with MK.

Several of my customers have told me that they have been told that they can only visit on Saturday morning until 1pm.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

M@Triton

posted on 16/3/04 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
It is indeed nice to be mentioned along with such firms as MK and Luego who do a fine job.
The only way to decide which kit suits you best is to visit all on your wish list and speak to those concerned.

You will find some nice touches with each kit concerned but perhaps not all on the same kit.....unless it's a GTS

Staple balls

posted on 16/3/04 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
as i understand it, the saturday thing is open house situation, if you call, you can arange another time to go over.

Alan B

posted on 16/3/04 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing against MK...they seem a fabulous company....but Darren has a point.

It seems all the info. about MK is second-hand...via customers etc.....

It would be nice if someone from MK would do like Darren or the Leugo guys do and answer questions.

OK, I know it is entirely MK's business, certainly none of mine...but I'm sure it would help them to respond on here just now and then.

Of course absolutely just IMO...can't be anything else 4000 miles away...

M@Triton

posted on 16/3/04 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
That eleven body might just be up for grabs Mr Staple balls.

admin@tritonsportscars.com

Jon Ison

posted on 16/3/04 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
there are some dodgey "firms" out there, they get sussed pretty quickly, i'm sure GTS aint one of them, i just felt it was a little off for one company to comment on another on here, a little un-professional, like my speeling !!! anyhow Darrens later post put it right, end of story.

Alan, surley comments via MK's customers can only be the best sort of advertising ??

Personaly ive been at Mk's every day of the week, including Sundays and never been ignored or turned away.

Thats me done on the subject cos the last thing i want is a tit 4 tat posting war.

Alan B

posted on 16/3/04 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison......Alan, surley comments via MK's customers can only be the best sort of advertising ??.......

Absolutely Jon, that's one reason that I know they are a first class company....even from over here.

And your point about one company commenting about another is valid too.

My main point is that I think it would help MK if someone was to comment officially just occasionally....you know, special offers, open days that kind of thing...again just an observation nothing more...

JoelP

posted on 16/3/04 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
martin has posted once or twice i think. But yeah, maybe hes too busy to get involved here. his spokesman is here enough for two anyway...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.