Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 4XV OIL PRESSURE AND TEMP
gaz_gaz

posted on 11/7/11 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
R1 4XV OIL PRESSURE AND TEMP

Hi chaps,

just want to make sure i'm going about this the correct way or would any of you do it diff.

first off i'd rather not use a sandwich plate, had 1 come loose on me and write off a Skyline engine,

wiring up my digidash i'm at the stage where it's time to fit the oil temp and pressure sensors,

am i correct in thinking i should be taping a hole in the sump for the temp
and taping the large bolt that holds the oil cooler in place for the oil pressure which i have a remote mount kit for?

this seems like the simplest solution without using a sandwich plate to me,

advice appreciated

Gary

sdh2903

posted on 11/7/11 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Oil cooler bolt is the common way to get a port for oil px. For oil temp could you not get a sump plug adapter? save any tapping of the sump as its quite soft, only problem is it may have an impact with ground clearance issues.

I ended up going for a sandwich plate to mount both due to clearance issues around the oil cooler bolt.

gaz_gaz

posted on 11/7/11 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
i had thought about using the sump plug for the temp but ground clearance put me off,

another option was to have a t-piece on the bulkhead and have the oil pressure and temp from the cooler bolt,

does anyone have any idea how much this will effect the oil temp readings?

sdh2903

posted on 11/7/11 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
your oil temp will read low, to the point where it wont give you much relevant info.
gaz_gaz

posted on 11/7/11 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
which model engine do you have? and where did you get your sandwich plate from?, its looking like this maybe the best option although not preferred.

and did you have any issues with the sandwich plate fitting as it looks pretty tight down there.

sdh2903

posted on 11/7/11 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Its a 4xv. I got one from mcgil motorsports, it was only a cheapo one to have a play around with. It was a universal one, I ended up filing off a fair bit of ally from the circumference for clearance. It had plenty of meat on it and 2 seals so should be ok. Then went rooting through halfords for a small filter to fit. I can just change the filter in situ.

heres a pic:

sandwich plate
sandwich plate

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.