Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX12R Oil Gallery Location for Accusump
twybrow

posted on 10/3/13 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
ZX12R Oil Gallery Location for Accusump

I am trying to fit an Accusump on a ZX12R engine. I think I have located the front oil gallery bung mentioned in this post by INDY BIRD, but I am not sure! Am I right in thinking that the hex capped bung in the middle of these photos the oil gallery? Is that suitable for the Accusump? What have others used?

ZX12 oil gallery 1
ZX12 oil gallery 1

ZX12 oil gallery 2
ZX12 oil gallery 2

edsco

posted on 11/3/13 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Hi. I fitted an Accusump to my ZX12 2001 Spire GTR. However, i plumped mine in to the engine block just above the sump. I don't have any photos to show to explain it im afraid. I am not saying this is the correct location for it, even though it was taken as gospel advice this is where it should enter the engine, but i still experienced oil surge and consequently blew the engine.

In hind sight i think i should have gone for a higher rated PSI valve to trigger the oil feed. i.e. my valve was set to 45 psi to trigger the addtional flow of oil, so that when the oil psi went below this figure it would activate. Maybe 55 or 60 psi would have saved my engine.

I guess it all depends on the application of the car. Mine blew when cornering very quickly on slicks and the oil just went up the side of the engine and the accusump just didn't respond in time.

I now run an AB Performance billet baffled shortened sump to which i have no issues at all on a CBR1000 race car and its absolutely fine. I would recommend this route and maybe an accusump as a last resort or safety net.

edsco

mark chandler

posted on 11/3/13 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Although not on a ZX12 but my blade engine.

The main gallery is where the oil pressure switch lives, on my blade this was screwed into a much larger bung, so I ran the accusump to this in 1/2" internal bore tube and tee,d the warning light into this, removed the bung which had very fine threads and welded a standard 1/2" fitting and opened the hole up.

My accusump can empty it's self very quickly, the key to it working correctly.

[Edited on 11/3/13 by mark chandler]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.