Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: vtr1000
Taylor7

posted on 2/12/04 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
vtr1000

can anyone tell me stats of the honda 1000 vtr engine and if its any good it will be used 90% of the timeon the road but would like good performace on track.my budget is low if this is no good so can you recommend an equivelent.

Cheers!

Peteff

posted on 2/12/04 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
V-twin

I tould be out of place in the front of a car. To get the sprocket near where you need it you'd have to have the front cylinder hanging out of the passenger side. CBR 1000 is an alternative and is older so you could get away without a catalytic converter.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Taylor7

posted on 2/12/04 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
keepin it cheep

so would the cbr1000 be a good road usable alternative to fireblade, zx9r,r1- im expecting it to be torquier but heavier but have seen one for £400 for a 92,with loom etc but is it worth paying out for the other 3- can anyone running a cbr1000 give us thier opinion on it especially if they`ve had chance to compare it to the others !

ta!

phelpsa

posted on 2/12/04 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
I think colmaccoll is putting a CBR1000 in something (although I may be wrong)

Another choice would be a GSXR1100 engine. You could get hold of a '93/'94 engine which is water cooled. These are torquier because of the longer stroke and also more powerful (140bhp). I am fitting an oil cooled GSXR1100 engine ('92).

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phelpsa

posted on 2/12/04 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
P.S. Stuart taylor put firestorms in their locosts, and pan european engines.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rorty

posted on 3/12/04 at 02:08 AM Reply With Quote
The trouble with the VTR engine is its height. It's the tallest of the V-twin sportsbike engines.
The CBR1000 is a slightly heavier engine than the Blade, but is very robust and quite frankly, IMHO, a better choice.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

tks

posted on 3/12/04 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
YES YES YES its heigh

i use a VFR 800 engine, (see why)

its indeed its heigh that makes them difficulter, i'm going to bolt in in a Luego Velocity XT...

Regards..

(Why)

im jung soow don't have money for more cc and the engine was in a beautiful state and for beautifull money (280Pounds) complete with loom i have had it running and it runs beutifull what a sound give those machines.

i know it doesn't produce very much HP
(comparing to 1000cc) (782cc, 101BHP@Stock cond.) , but i made this choice, if it fails i will sell it and buy something bigger..

i also think that i can do allot of tuning to have more BHP available.. (megasquirt,Air Filter, Mufler) turbo???

@ least i have something what not many have...

TKS

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.