Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blade Mounting Points
Kev99

posted on 17/2/05 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Blade Mounting Points

At what year and model did they change the engine mounting points on the blade engine. I have got the mounting points for the 95 model blade engine and would like to know whats the newest model engine I can fit with out changing them.
ChrisGamlin

posted on 17/2/05 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Definitely the last of the carbed '99 RRX engines will fit it as all the carbed blades have the same block. Im pretty sure the 2000 929cc injected engine will too, although Ive never seen a 2000 engine up close so couldnt be 100% sure. The 954cc injected engine is a totally different block so Im sure that wouldnt fit.

Chris

tim windmill

posted on 17/2/05 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
I'm fitting the 2000 929cc blade engine and when i was getting chassis adapted i was told that rear engine mounts are different for this model than earlier ones.
but unsure if this is correct

ChrisGamlin

posted on 17/2/05 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
You might be right, the ones off the gearbox?
Depending on how different they are and the type of cradle / mounts you use, you may well be able to use carbed blade ones anyway as the ST cradle I used could have moved these mounts around a fair amount with a little fettling

PAUL FISHER

posted on 17/2/05 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
RRY ENGINE

I can confirm the929 rry engine is completely different to all earlier models and is as different again to the newer 954 models,the block and head mountings are not in the same positions,the stroke on the engine was greatly reduced which made the engine more compact,even the rear engine mounting was no longer rubber mounted as shown in this picture,MK made this mounting for me .cheers Paul Rescued attachment engine pick.JPG
Rescued attachment engine pick.JPG

ChrisGamlin

posted on 18/2/05 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
My apologies then, I thought the block on the 929 was fundamentally the same

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.