Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 3.162 LSD DIFF OIL!
Krismc

posted on 1/5/06 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
3.162 LSD DIFF OIL!

where to buy and how to fill up??

Went to halfords and a few other motor factors to buy the above, but all the castrol etc decent stuff and own make stuff said not suitable for LSD's!

Where do i buy LSD oil??

and when im topping it up how do i make sure i dont put too much in, if i top up via the bleed/vent pipe and just crack the fill bolt of will this be ok?? i have no room to fill normally via the fill bolt!

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

highspeeddirt

posted on 1/5/06 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
You don't need LSD oil with Ford viscous diffs only clutch plate type LSD. I used castrol EP90 I think.

Fill to the bottom of the filler hole. I guess if you fill through the breather with the normal filler plug removed then once it starts coming out of the filler that will be fine.

Steve

Krismc

posted on 1/5/06 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Fill to the bottom of the filler hole. I guess if you fill through the breather with the normal filler plug removed then once it starts coming out of the filler that will be fine.

Steve

thought so!!!

nd you sure about the Diff oil!?

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Tangerine Scream

posted on 1/5/06 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Surprised me as well but yep, plain old EP90...luckily I buy it in great quantities for the Landy
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krismc

posted on 2/5/06 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
cheers then

Liam

posted on 2/5/06 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah - normal oil cos the viscous coupling is a sealed unit.

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.