Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx9r cradle for my Indy
westindy

posted on 19/4/03 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r cradle for my Indy

I've got my ZX9R today and need a cradle engine mount to fit an Indy - MK can only fit brackets if I return car/chassis for jigging. Anyone tried a Stuart Taylor cradle or similar in an Indy and how much £££

Thanks, Paul

Jasper

posted on 19/4/03 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't think the ST one will fit in the MK Indy chassis as they are different sizes, the MK is taller, though I may be wrong as it may only be the width that counts. And I think the ST one needs the brackets welded on as well.

Do you have a MIG? If so make 'em, I did, it was very easy. If not, try a local mobile welding man in yellow pages, or a friendly local blacksmith.

westindy

posted on 19/4/03 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
cradle mounts

Jasper, Thanks for info - I have got a MIG but it would also be nice to see some photo's of mounts to see if they are hard mounted and how the cradle is constructed. Hope to see a few ZX9R Indy's at Stoneleigh ( with the bonnet off)!!
Jasper

posted on 20/4/03 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
I hard mounted mine, though other mount with bushes. Hard mounted in bike so reconned it couldn't be too wrong! Talk photo's of other and copy, that's what I did. Check my photo archive as well, I think there are some in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.