Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: blade reg rec
lenny

posted on 5/6/06 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
blade reg rec

f***d another reg rec even with fan and heat sink. mounting plate 10 air gap but no earth ,bubbling well by the time we stoped the plate woz red hot after one run 30 mins (not to mad) ,back to the shed super dream one on and back out in 15mins
watsonpj

posted on 5/6/06 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
heatsink

sorry about the dodgy picture (best my phone could do in the dark) but heres my heatsink and it doesn't seem to need a fan.

The aluminium gives a good thermal heatsink and I used a thermally conductive paste (used for heatsinks on motor driver circuits.) to ensure good heat transfer to it. Then six aluminium heatsinks with cooling fins (black bits) finish the job.

I think that its really important to get a good heatsink out of the bottom face of the reg and altough you have it on a metal plate it doen't look very thick and probably can't et the heat away quickly enough which leads to a hotspot in the centre.

Go on give it a try a small chunk of alloy is easy altough its going to add to the stack height of all those bits and might not fit under your bonnet.

watsonpj

posted on 5/6/06 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
oops what happened to my image its in my archive so have a look

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.