Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Engined
rojabuck

posted on 9/6/03 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
R1 Engined

Well.. i think i have secured a locost R1 engine so am planning on building my BEC utalisting this.. However there seems to be a severe lack of people out there who have built R1 locosts..

Has anyone built one.. and if so could you U2U me (if you don't mind being asked questioned)?

Also there is a sprocket/prop converter avalable for the blade (ST i think) does anyone know if a simmolor item is avalable for the R1?

And does anyone know of plans for engine mounts for the R1 which will fit the locost "Book" chassis??

Thanks in advance
Roja

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GO

posted on 9/6/03 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, don't know of anyone personally who's using an R1, but I did find this site a while back. It's a Sylva Striker, not really a locost (especially the amount this guy has spent on it!), but I imagine the Sylva chassis will be very similar.

http://www.striker1.plus.com/

[Edited on 9/6/2003 by GO]

Jasper

posted on 9/6/03 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
Are you on the Yahoo BEC Group list? - cos if not u should be, loads of people with BEC experience, and a very friendly bunch:

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/bike-engined-cars/

As for engine mounts, have you built your own chassis? Cos if you have it's a piece of p*ss to make up the engine mounts, just hang the engine in the engine bay where u want it (make sure you have your exhaust manifold first so you can get the position right) and make up the mounts to fit.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 9/6/03 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
As Jasper says, get on the Yahoo BEC list, there are a good half a dozen regulars on there using R1 engines, including Richard Miles who built the R1 Striker in the above website.

Chris

[Edited on 9/6/03 by ChrisGamlin]

rojabuck

posted on 9/6/03 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers

Cheers lads..

lets hope they can help Am prob going to buy a pre-fabricated chassis as i have no welding experiance to my name and i'm sticking a bike engine in it which should in principal make it go like diarrea off a well lubricated stick!

Lifes too much fun to have a tirewall embedded in your head!

Roja

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
The One

posted on 9/6/03 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hi if you look on www.findit.co.uk/cars/kitcar/parts.htm there's a guy in gods own country who supplys BEC sprocket adaptors.

Cheers

iceT
Junior Builder

Posts 30
Registered 1/7/03

Photo Archive Go!
Building: R1 Locost based on book chassis but with IRS

posted on 4/7/03 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
BEC Sprocket adapters

Hi The One,

I can't find the person who supplies BEC sprocket adapters from the URL u gave. any clues who could that be?

Jon Ison

posted on 4/7/03 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
think u will find MK can supply the adaptors....

andyd

posted on 4/7/03 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Or Fisher Sportscar can (or at least a Fireblade one) http://www.fishersportscars.co.uk/

Andy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.