Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: E36 Donor for Haynes
MBrown

posted on 2/5/14 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
I guess I will be looking to make the same mods on my haynes chassis, hope you don't mind if I steal your design! Good luck with building your garage, I look forward to seeing your build progress and hopefully I'll be putting some pics on in the next few months with the gearbox/engine in
Nickp

posted on 2/5/14 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MBrown
I guess I will be looking to make the same mods on my haynes chassis, hope you don't mind if I steal your design! Good luck with building your garage, I look forward to seeing your build progress and hopefully I'll be putting some pics on in the next few months with the gearbox/engine in

My garage is built and ready but my old Monte is next in the queue and getting its engine rebuilt, then I can start again

ftaffy

posted on 8/5/14 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
I am getting close to finishing my E36 donor locost, with a modified chassis.

Did similar to Cucala's build actually, Haynes inspired rear uprights and then modded the front uprights to allow a rose joint attachment at the top.

Latest update was here: few months old now, the rest are also on google drive share: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64orUhbOtS_S05aSjMyZ2VkTzg/edit?usp=sharing%20https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64orUhbOtS_UnhGVHNWcXN0eVE /edit?usp=sharing

Though i am at a crossroads, the M44 engine is really tall, as such goes through the bonnet by a good ~40mm.
I am looking at splitting the sump to remove ~30-35mm and lowering the engine. - What GKD have done.
Issue is that the sump on these is alloy so cutting and welding is difficult.

Be interested in others way of solving this?

Cheers,
Taffy

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.