Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Audi engine in Midtec spyder
Trev Borg

posted on 23/10/15 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Volvorsport
use the Renault 12v engine on a UN1 box . we put one in an Alpine replica , it easily achieved over 200 hp .

A 12v V6 shoould fit if its a 60 degree one. It already has one of those in.

Which car do i pinch one from?

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

By that time, who cares.

You're a mile away, and you've got his shoes

owelly

posted on 23/10/15 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Alfa 164......

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Trev Borg

posted on 23/10/15 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
no, break to easy

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

By that time, who cares.

You're a mile away, and you've got his shoes

midtecdave

posted on 30/1/16 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there. I don't know how far you've got with this but I fitted a 1.8t and transaxle out of a Passatt into my Midtec last winter.
I've got a zetec turbo and un1 transaxle in mine and my thinking was that I could sell these and still be quids in with the audi conversion. Turns out that there's not much in it really especially once you start pushing the power output.
Anyway, my point is that the combo fits quite well, probably better than my zetec and the transaxle is much more compact than the Renault one.
I'd thought about the V8 too but I think it would be too long, VAG V6 is quite heavy, Subaru package is too wide
The challenges with the 1.8 are the extra bits such as a charge cooler or inter cooler (normal inter cooler might not fit as you can't have it at the front), if using the VAG ecu you'll need the fly by wire accelerator pedal, gear change etc.
If I was doing my conversion again though, I'd definitely use the VAG 1.8t package.
Don't discount a zetec on motorbike carbs or TB's as it will fit into your Renault ng3 transaxle and be a lot simpler. It should still be pushing 170+hp too which is probably the sweet spot.
Dave

skydivepaul

posted on 30/1/16 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
The vag 1.8 turbo units are very good engines. I had my 1.8t A6 tuned at jabbasport a few years ago. Went from the standard 150 hp to 230hp with just a rolling road remap and a steel valve to handle the increased boost.
The mechanic reckoned the 1.8t engines are good for up to 350hp without internal mods

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

midtecdave

posted on 31/1/16 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Very tuneable engines. Output is dependant on which turbo is fitted, k03, k03s or k04. I think the k04's were fitted on the S3 and cupra R and these will go up to about 250 before they're maxed out but the engine will take more on standard internals.
I have an Audi S3 and it's a great engine &#128512;

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.