Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Have you missed me?
Alan B

posted on 21/3/03 at 01:03 AM Reply With Quote
Have you missed me?

I doubt it........LOL

Anyway what's be going on here? Have I missed anything?

I've updated my site a bit....more on the bonnet plug...feedback welcome as usual.

Matt - Good news with the engine...we told you you'd get a break.......expect my kit to be in production this year sometime...OK, not exactly soon, but I'm working towards that kind of timeframe.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rorty

posted on 21/3/03 at 03:28 AM Reply With Quote
Alan, do you require an Australian test pilot/distributor?

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 21/3/03 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Sure, why not?
Interested?

Spyderman

posted on 21/3/03 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Alan

Just been having a look at your progress.

It looks like hard work smoothing the bonnet section and making it look right.

Just a thought, but could you move the radiator so that it is leaning backwards instead of forwards?
This would give you a lot more room to play with the nose section and smooth it out better.
It might mean you have to put a bleed valve into rad, but that has got to be easier than trying to fit everything around the rad.

Terry

Spyderman

chrisg

posted on 21/3/03 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Have you missed me?

No

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

MattWatson

posted on 21/3/03 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know if the engine thing is going to go through now or not... The place I need to get it from is 3hours away, and was going to go there anyway this weekend, but mabye not now. It will cost a hundred bucks in gas, and I can get a complete bottom end for that here, so I don't know if I can go.

Talking to the guy, he admits I will need new pistons, connecting rods ect, as he tried to polish them and screwed up.

I may just attend an insurance auction and pick up a wrecked bike. It is becoming that time of year. It dosn't really bother me though... I will start on some of the other stuff first.

Getting to your project... Anyone notice the unevenness on the bonnet? Does it seem to anyone else that the right side is higher than the left??

Matt Watson
--------------------------------
VW 1.6L SOHC Turbo Mid engined car

http://members.shaw.ca/wavindustries/

Alan B

posted on 22/3/03 at 01:30 AM Reply With Quote
Matt - I think it is the camera angle more than anything. I know the "ribs" aren't even, but the key points side to side are pretty even and level. Notice the toolbox at the back..it IS level..but doesn't look like it is. Good spot though, and I appreciate it.

Chris - Knob off......(I know you missed me really...kiss kiss)

Terry - good idea, but I'm working on another solution inspired by Geoff in Aus.
Tilting it the other way does seem so obvious now that ypu mention it...duh..

Alan B

posted on 22/3/03 at 04:32 AM Reply With Quote
Terry - I'm going to start a new topic about radiators now that you got me thinking......
Rorty

posted on 22/3/03 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
Alan B:
quote:

Sure, why not? Interested?

Not doubting your ability, or the car for a minute, but let's wait and see it finished. You'll have a better idea then how you want to proceed.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

Alan B

posted on 22/3/03 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Rorty - That's exactly what I've been telling peple who have expressed interest so far.....let me finish this one first.....still plenty to do.
Schrodinger

posted on 22/3/03 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Alan
I'm not too sure if it's the lighting and that the surface is not reflecting but there looks to be some discrepancy between the sides especially in the rib lines down the nose.
It still looking very good and the rib lines have improved the look of the nose;-}

Keith

Alan B

posted on 23/3/03 at 01:56 AM Reply With Quote
Keith, you are right, the "ribs are definitely not even, but they are only there to serve as dams to fill up against. Creating external corners or edges is difficult unless you overfill first and then sand back to the make edge you need.

At this stage it is a matter of getting the filler on quickly so you can start sanding it off.......

Alan B

posted on 23/3/03 at 02:12 AM Reply With Quote
This is where I'm going with front. Geoff Noble suggested I consider bring the nose right across to lose the blobby effect. (Thanks Geoff) I think it is going to work....this is just the left half done.....

Notice how I'm just using the "ribs" as a guide at this stage and filling up to them.
Had to buy more filler tonight...still at 5 quid for a 58 pound bucket it's fairly cheap...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.