Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bin the blackberry and try Android?
McLannahan

posted on 27/1/12 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plentywahalla
Forgive my ignorance on this new generation of smartphones, but I need some advice.

I am on my 5th Blackberry. I am frustrated by their poor reliability (nearly all have been replaced under warranty) and the lack of decent web browsing (I got an iPad instead).

But for work, I am addicted to the 'live' email feature, its about the only thing that Balckberry do well. Is there another smartphone that does the same? If there is then I will be another to say "switch"

If you have a decent email server at work (Exchange) then the iPhone is a surprisingly good phone. Mail is pushed to that and instantly too. If I have my iPhone on my desk and Outlook open, the mail can often appear on the phone half a second before Outlook, it's bloody quick!

I used to perceive the BB as the business phone but honestly the iPhone is better. If you have BES then it's a better device than without but the iPhone supports calendars out of the box, shared mail lists, address books etc...all with no extra software or hassle.

The service outage last year really dented my image of BB. I'm not a complete iPhone convert but the BB will be a lot lower on this list come upgrade time.

MK9R

posted on 29/1/12 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
Well just ordered the Xperia, bloody good value at £208!!!! Just trying to find a flip leather case now, proving tricky for this phone though!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.