Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ali Tank Design - How's it looking?
Bob C

posted on 24/11/05 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
The 'baffle' would reach ~3/4 the way up the tank
Bob

Rorty

posted on 24/11/05 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
I've seen something similar, though constructed in a corner of the tank.
I would prefer the second option.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fred W B

posted on 25/11/05 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
I had thought of having a pick up point at both LH and RH sides of the tank, with piping going to a T before the fuel pump, so you would always have a head of fuel when the car is cornering left or right, good or bad idea?

Cheers

Fred WB

Bob C

posted on 25/11/05 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
If you have (say) 1/2G sideways force on a long bend, the fuel will slop to the left in the connecting pipe exactly like it does in the tank, leaving the pump suckin air from the 'high side'.
I'll make a model of my swirl baffle out of plastic & let you know how it behaves (sounds like the sort of fun thing I can involve my daughter in!)
cheers
Bob

Bob C

posted on 25/11/05 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
If you have (say) 1/2G sideways force on a long bend, the fuel will slop to the left in the connecting pipe exactly like it does in the tank, leaving the pump suckin air from the 'high side'.
I'll make a model of my swirl baffle out of plastic & let you know how it behaves (sounds like the sort of fun thing I can involve my daughter in!)
cheers
Bob

ChrisGamlin

posted on 25/11/05 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Pat

Just in case you hadnt thought of it, don't weld the top of your tank on until you've mounted your fuel sender you'll get with the Digidash, it would be easier to mount it into a panel where you can get at both sides, and you wont get shed loads of swarf in there to wash out!

Also, I think you'll be OK but you might just want to make sure that the sender can swing through a full arc with the baffle in place before cutting any holes, otherwise you might need to move the baffle slightly or get a plunger type sender instead.

Chris

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.