Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Orange, I think I'll paint la bala orange...
PaulBuz

posted on 29/3/07 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Very impressive!
I think it looks the biz in orange with that silver stripe

ATB
Paul

cloudy

posted on 29/3/07 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent choice there!

James

TangoMan

posted on 29/3/07 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Great colour choice.

I went with Orange to be different but it is becoming fairly common.

That looks like it has lots of mica in it. The trick will be to keep it that shiny once the paint dies down in use.

A great looking car just got better.

Summer's here!!!!

Fred W B

posted on 30/3/07 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent Steve

Now get that car put together so we can see the full effect!

Cheers

Fred W B

DarrenW

posted on 30/3/07 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgraber
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Its a shame you couldnt get a good finish......

WOW - how good does that look!!!!

Yeah, I'm sorry I couldn't make take better photos. I was quivering like a little schoolgirl when I took them. So they're a little blurry. DOH!

English humour - apologies!! I reckon the colour and the pictures are awesome. You have achieved a first class finish there. That seems to be your signature now.

Stripes would look good but they have to be so right. For now i reckon id go with the full orange and detail the car up as you suggest. Maybe your second car could experiment with stripes, or maybe just experiment with vinyl before you commit them to paint.

I was thinking about an orange respray on my car. I didnt want the std orange. I really liked the look of the Range Rover Storm concept car colour. Oranges that are a shade darker and have a good mica mix and change in different lights get my vote.

What engine are you planning?

Alan B

posted on 30/3/07 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
How did I miss this thread?

Steve, mate, that looks REALLY nice..

I've been working on rear (oo..er) so the front uprights are delayed a bit.

Alan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 30/3/07 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Alan, thanks! Haven't heard from you in a while. Glad to know you are still making progress. Whenever you're ready. I would like to take a set of them to the show at the end of April.

I should point out that my chosen orange color is a solid orange with no mica. Two stage. I did this with full knowledge that this car will be on-track quite a bit and I wanted a color that I could touch up. With the mica colors you usually end up respraying a large part of one side to blend the paint, because it's really hard to match the original consistency of mica content. But with a solid color you can quickly respray just past the affected area and block it in.

Here's another photo of the side pods being test fitted.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kreb

posted on 30/3/07 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't that "arrest me orange"? No stealth there!

Looks extremely nice. Kudos. I also saw your ad in the kit car magazine. Looks like you're really making a go of it. I wish you the best. Given your location, you may ultimately want to go south of the border for production. I don't like sending work away from the US, but kit cars are such a cutthroat business, you'll need every edge you can get. I have a second generation friend with a succesful kit car co in Socal who goes the Mexican way, and he's able to clear something like $6k per car, which is unbelievable until you see his lifestyle and figure how much it'd take to support...

Keep it up, and don't become a bigshot without staying in touch!

https://www.supercars.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/1966_FiatAbarth_1000SP1.jpg

sgraber

posted on 30/3/07 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Why go south of the border when they are all moving up to Phoenix?

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.