Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommended Engine Tuners in the Southampton area
damajin

posted on 21/4/09 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
Recommended Engine Tuners in the Southampton area

Can anyone recommend a good place to get my x-flow tuned in the Southampton area. I'm not looking for a high performance setup at this time, just someone who can set up the timing etc properly so I have something that runs nice for the summer (I'm looking at rebuilding over the winter with fast road cam etc anyway).

There is an Auto-tune place just down the road from me on the hedge-end industrial estate, but they haven't got a rolling road (don't know that it would be needed, but kind of expected it) and wondered if anyone could suggest anywhere.

Cheers
D

nick205

posted on 21/4/09 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
If you can make a run out towards Winchester then I'd fully recomend Tom Airey for getting you're engine set-up done properly. Not the cheapest around, but he has been doing it for many years and will get the best from what you have.

http://www.aireytuning.com/

(no connection BTW, just a very satified customer)

Jenko

posted on 21/4/09 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Yep...I've used Tom a few times...His prices are erratic!...But he knows his carbs...

He will get the car runnig well, and will most likley charge £250 if it takes 30mins or 3 hours.........

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

iiyama

posted on 21/4/09 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Have never used Tom but know him from way back. Reliable guy and very good at what he does.

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

damajin

posted on 21/4/09 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the advice, I'll certainly give him a look.

Not sure if I really want to part with £250 at this point, the local Auto-tune quoted £45+VAT for a standard tune, but I'll def. bear him in mind and have a chat with him before I go to a fast-road cam set-up to see what he suggests.

I guess it's the same with many things... You get what you pay for. The real Locost way to do something on the cheap I guess is to learn how to do it and do it yourself, which is my other option, but since I'm pretty new to all this it's a pretty steep learning curve to start tuning up the engine from scratch my self.

If I make it to the next Cadnam meet maybe some of the local boys (and girls) can offer some advice.

D

iiyama

posted on 21/4/09 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
LOL! If you look at the avatars bud everyone thats given advice is local!!!!

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

damajin

posted on 21/4/09 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, I meant advice about how to tune, what to do first etc. rather than getting different people's advice.

Much easier to do in person when they can look under the hood of the car instead of me trying to give details of what it's got and them trying to explain how to tune a x-flow in a post.

Cheers
D

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.