Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Plumbing - Dual Radiator
cloudy

posted on 23/9/09 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
R1 Plumbing - Dual Radiator

My GSX-R just had two coolant pipes - in and out! The R1 has far more going on so I wanted to check my intended use before cutting up any silicon...

I've based my diagram on this:

www.warnercars.com

A1

posted on 23/9/09 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
ive got the pipe from the throttle bodies going to the header tank. theres a wee pipe from the heads going into them (i think) see the wee pipe on the cooling inlet at the rear, thats the water pump breather...mine goes to the exp. tk too.
i had a diagram but cant find it

james h

posted on 23/9/09 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have a water pump breather next to the water pump inlet? Its a very small (5mm?) pipe on mine, which I have run to the top of the header tank to prevent airlocks.

Also instead of a take off from the thermostat housing, I have a pipe from the top of the radiator as its slightly higher.

Apart from that it seems pretty much the same!

afj

posted on 23/9/09 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
mine plumbed the same so should be ok

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

nasty-bob

posted on 23/9/09 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
I've been looking into dual rad plumbing for my car and I believe that it is more efficient to have the rads in parrallel rather than series. Heat transfer is proportional to the temperature gradient so if both rads are fed hot water the gradient is steeper and the transfer is quicker- rather than one getting hot water and the other getting warm water.

Rob

cloudy

posted on 23/9/09 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with the theory, It would just require a fair bit of weight in hoses + extra water to fill them...

I do have a water pump breather, and it T's into the ITB return on the right there. (no shown)
Would it be worth connecting this to the header rather than into the bottom right T? not sure how/if this would affect circulation?

www.warnercars.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.