Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT: Would this work.......
nasty-bob

posted on 17/11/09 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
OT: Would this work.......

Hi,

I'm trying to think of a cheap (read free) way to get cash off of a credit card. One plan I have, but am not sure whether it would work, is using Paypal.

If I linked the card to paypal, so the card was charged for the transactions, then paid a trusted friends account a sum of money. Obviously there would be a paypal charge for my mate to receive the money but, could he refund me the money and not incurr any charges? And if that's possible could I change my account to be linked to my bank account and then withdraw the refund?

Anyone know? or is there another way?

Cheers

Rob

smart51

posted on 17/11/09 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Paypal "gifts" are fee free. Your "friend" could just give you the cash, if they're the type to spend on things using paypal.

nasty-bob

posted on 17/11/09 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Good shout but "Gifts" can only be funded by Bank or paypal balance ie not cards.

Cheers

Rob

JoelP

posted on 17/11/09 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
i suspect a refund would have to go to the card it came from.

Best way to get free cash off your card is to buy things for friends, ideally expensive things like group meals out, but maybe just full tanks of fuel etc.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Peteff

posted on 18/11/09 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
It's only free if you pay the amount off when it's due at the end of the month isn't it ? There's no such thing as free money, someone will have to pick up the tab somewhere along the line. A friend of mine thinks if his cards aren't maxed out then he has money to spend. Last count he owed £13,500 and has sod all in the bank, so transfer the balance to a new card and start all over again. He does have trouble sleeping though.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

wilkingj

posted on 18/11/09 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
I think you will find that cash withdrawals against a credit card attract interest from the day the money is withdrawn, not from the end of the month.
I would think the cheapest way is to get a Bank loan, from a Bank or Building Society, Credit Cards are nearly as expensive as Loan Sharks.

DONT get into Debt, its really hard to pay it all back with all the interest. Go without or save up, its the cheapest and safest way financially speaking.

The interest rate may look small at 1.5%, but mulitply the rate by 12 (months) to get the annual rate, and its nearer 20%, which is an expensive loan. Only use a credit card if you can pay it off completely when you get the next bill.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 18/11/09 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
If things are so tight that you can't afford bank fees etc, then you can't afford the items you want to buy.
nasty-bob

posted on 18/11/09 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
lol I'm touched by the concerns over my finances, but without boring you all with the details I only need it for a month and I need it next week. I can borrow from other sources but thought if I could dodge the 2.5% cash withdrawl fee, this would be an easy fix.

Cheers chaps.

02GF74

posted on 18/11/09 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nasty-bob
I only need it for a month and I need it next week.

LOL they all say that as the baileefs leave with their falt screen telly .....

anything you have thought of will have been though of before - no such thing as feree or cheap money.

nasty-bob

posted on 18/11/09 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Again, thanks for the patronising lectures, you've just reminded me why I don't often ask questions on here.
RoadkillUK

posted on 19/11/09 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nasty-bob
Again, thanks for the patronising lectures, you've just reminded me why I don't often ask questions on here.

Not managed it then?

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.