Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tunner LMP
ceebmoj

posted on 27/5/04 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Tunner LMP

Been busy recently getting a new job witch is why I have not posted this before. Couple of weeks a go I when out to see the LMP at East fortune airfield where it was being tested for a couple of days. While I was there Steve must have spotted the look in my eye because he let me take it for a couple of laps round east fortune.

Some of you may remember me posting last summer after I drove the ZX9 car round knock hill last summer and how impressed I was with it. The drive is sublime the car is so balanced and sure footed, I even found that the right handed gear change was a lot easer to use than I had first expected (I can be a bit slow at times)

So it was with no small grin on my face that I accepted the offer of a drive round the circuit. On getting in to the new car the first thing that I noticed was that the shifter had moved from the right to the centre of the car a there are a couple of other differences include the new engine witch is now a ZX12, a different ratio diff and some tasty looking cast alloy uprights not to mention a host of other odds and ends.

The extra power and new diff ratio are all become apparent when you pull away it is just that much easer. Once I got the car out on to the track and gave the throttle a quick blast the acceleration is amassing flying down the straits and arriving at the couners at the sort of speed that has me grinning now just thinking about it. Witch brings me to turning I have driven very feu cars, if any that inspire the sort of confidence that I felt driving the LMP. Turning it in at higher and higher speeds and having the car flow so well through the bend even with an idiot like me driving.

I have put 4 photos I took of the car in the photo archive also one of concord witch is now at east fortune air field. unforunally I have not just shrunk and become 10 again The guy in the photos is the next-door nabores son Josh who came along and see the car and seams to like it.

Blake

Ps sorry about the speling and gramer

JoelP

posted on 28/5/04 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
car looks great!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Hugh Paterson

posted on 28/5/04 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Blake, I take it yer better on 4 wheels than 2 Har har har Sori couldnt resist
Pity your going South, I was looking forward to scaring the poo out of you in the boat, but hey theres always Steve
Shug.

sgraber

posted on 28/5/04 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Blake, that story makes me surely wish that I lived nearby!

I feel like a Pavlovian dog because every time I hear the words "Turner LMP" (or Coram) I start to breathe heavily and saliva drips from the corner of my mouth!

Graber

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hugh Paterson

posted on 28/5/04 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
Be better when we get round to strapping a v6 in the back
Shug.

ceebmoj

posted on 28/5/04 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Shug,

Lets be honest I not that great on 4 wheals never mind 2 but I do love driving

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.