Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Engineering Midi
PAUL FISHER

posted on 5/8/10 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
MK Engineering Midi

I had the pleasure of driving the MK Engineering Midi at Oulton Park yesterday, must say I was very impressed, it was Martins demo car, powered by the ZX12r motor, the 1st thing I notice as I floored the throttle coming out of the pit lane was the level of grip and instant throttle responce, with not of hint of wheel spin or the car trying to get out of shape, as I would get with any other BEC se7ven type car, I could already see why these mid engined cars, such as the Z cars mini's and the like, can get of the line so much quicker, the rest of the drive the car did not fail to impress, it gave me such great feed back, I felt 100% confident with the car instantly, I was expecting a bit of understeer when really pushing it through the corners at Oulton, with the weight of the motor behind me, and so little weight up front, but there was not a hint of it, it felt so light and nimble, Ive not had that much fun driving a car for a long time, for me its got to be, just for sheer fun and performance, the best value kit on the market today.

mk midi
mk midi

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

austin man

posted on 5/8/10 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
so are you having one next Paul

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Mark Allanson

posted on 5/8/10 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
It is also the first pretty mid engined sevenesque car so far

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Mark Allanson

posted on 5/8/10 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:

How the hell..........

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

PAUL FISHER

posted on 5/8/10 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Quote:

How the hell..........

I just noticed that very strange 19/05/04 must be something wrong with the locostbuilders clock, or I was driving it so fast ive gone back in time

Mark Allanson

posted on 5/8/10 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Stephen Hawken was right alll along!!

MakeEverything

posted on 5/8/10 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Mid engine is the way forward for the perfect balance......

Mine should be fun.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

PAUL FISHER

posted on 5/8/10 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
so are you having one next Paul

The TVR sat in my garage is now up for sale Andy, I am planing on building another trackcar, but as you know Ive had BEC's before, and just fancy a change this time, so my next car was going to be car engined, but now, after driving a BEC again they are a real buzz ???

Dangle_kt

posted on 5/8/10 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
where is the car in fronts wheel arch?

You and your aggressive overtakes!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 6/8/10 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
where is the car in fronts wheel arch?

You and your aggressive overtakes!

Thats our very own Mr Ison in his Busa locost, not guilty, as he had already had a argument with a section of armco before I got to him

Humbug

posted on 6/8/10 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
I had the pleasure of driving the MK Engineering Midi at Oulton Park yesterday, must say I was very impressed, it was Martins demo car, powered by the ZX12r motor, the 1st thing I notice as I floored the throttle coming out of the pit lane was the level of grip and instant throttle responce, with not of hint of wheel spin or the car trying to get out of shape, as I would get with any other BEC se7ven type car, I could already see why these mid engined cars, such as the Z cars mini's and the like, can get of the line so much quicker, the rest of the drive the car did not fail to impress, it gave me such great feed back, I felt 100% confident with the car instantly, I was expecting a bit of understeer when really pushing it through the corners at Oulton, with the weight of the motor behind me, and so little weight up front, but there was not a hint of it, it felt so light and nimble, Ive not had that much fun driving a car for a long time, for me its got to be, just for sheer fun and performance, the best value kit on the market today.

mk midi
mk midi

Wouldn't you expect oversteer with weight at the back??

austin man

posted on 6/8/10 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Paul you need to have a go in Pauls Zetec now hes got 200 bhp from it you cant believe the torque

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

02GF74

posted on 6/8/10 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
hey, if it is that good, how come you are behind playing cathc up to what appears to be a front engined 7-esque car?

dazzx10r

posted on 6/8/10 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
nice picture, I'm gutted that I could'nt make it, I've been busy rebuilding the wifes rangerover after it cooked it's cylinder head, I can't wait to get out in mine.
PAUL FISHER

posted on 6/8/10 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER

mk midi
mk midi

Wouldn't you expect oversteer with weight at the back??

They can be both traits of Midi's, but I can put up with a bit of controlled power oversteer, which I could induce through the tight twisty corners,which is always fun , but none of us like driving a car that understeers,but powerfull midi's are prone to understeer since there is little weight over the front wheels,so under hard acceleration coming out of a corner, the front of the car is prone to lift and cause understeer, but the MK Midi had none of it, which is why I was especially please with the way it handled

PAUL FISHER

posted on 6/8/10 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
hey, if it is that good, how come you are behind playing cathc up to what appears to be a front engined 7-esque car?

I did not stop behind it for long

PAUL FISHER

posted on 6/8/10 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzx10r
nice picture, I'm gutted that I could'nt make it, I've been busy rebuilding the wifes rangerover after it cooked it's cylinder head, I can't wait to get out in mine.

Yes you need to get it on track, that ZX10r is a cracking engine, I had one in my last Indy R, a good bit lighter than the ZX12, should make a great combination in the Midi, it will be like driving a road legal kart

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.