Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Digidash and a Pinto/type9 ??
karlak

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Digidash and a Pinto/type9 ??

I have decided to lose the standard Sierra clocks from the dashboard and go for a DigiDash type. Some questions about the Pinto and type9 though.

1) At the moment I believe I just have a Oil Pressure switch. How would I go about have a Oil Temperature and a Pressure readout from the engine ?

2) The sierra speedo uses the mechanical takeoff from the gearbox. This will be replaced by a magnet set-up. Can I just unscrew the speedo cable from the Gearbox or does the resulting hole need to be "plugged" in the g-box.

I am sure there will be more questions as I look further into this.......

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

austin man

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
you buy an adapter to fit the block allowing two take off's i for pressure and one for temp

I just removed the speedo cable no problems

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

karlak

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
you buy an adapter to fit the block allowing two take off's i for pressure and one for temp

I just removed the speedo cable no problems

Cheers, just found this on a certain site - looks ideal for pressure, switch and temperature

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160446917929&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I guess that will do the trick

omega0684

posted on 20/9/10 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
the speedo pick up from the digi dash will more than likely be a ferrous pick up of magnets, i ran mine off the prop bolts and just made a bracket for the sensor.

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 20/9/10 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
You can get an adapter for the type 9 (i believe) that fits in the original cable drive and provides an electronic output. Alternatively just disable the cable by chopping it off flush at the end.
karlak

posted on 21/9/10 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Has anyone got a picture of a ETB digidash mounted in a MK Indy. I have just printed out the Template and it will not fit directly infront on the Dash - Behind steering wheel....

The manual states that it is preferable mounted straight ahead, for viewing in bright conditions etc, I guess

WanchaiWarrior

posted on 21/9/10 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Cant help much, but this is the first page of the dashboard thread in the interior and seating section, which may provide you with something helpful

Linky to thread

RK

posted on 26/9/10 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
The ETB unit really is quite small, so I don't see any reason why it won't fit behind the steering wheel. The only parts that stick out behind are the two connectors that have the wiring off them, and they don't seem to take much room.
I will post pics of mine once I get my car back and have mounted my digidash setup.

Also, I was thinking one could mount the digidash onto a piece of ally, in front of the dash, but behind the steering wheel. This could go onto a bracket mounted to the column.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.