Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Injector flow rates ?
clairetoo

posted on 4/10/10 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Injector flow rates ?

Just a quick question - is there a simple formula for converting Lbs/hour to CC's/min ?
I am looking around for injectors to fit in my TB conversions , I know mine are 225cc injectors , but I have no idea if 22lb injectors would do
(it's an ebay thing............)

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

matt_claydon

posted on 4/10/10 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php4
femster87

posted on 4/10/10 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
multiply by 10.5 i beleive
femster87

posted on 4/10/10 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
multiply by 10.5 i believe
clairetoo

posted on 4/10/10 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_claydon

Thats gone straight into my favourates - thanks for that
It tells me that 225cc injectors are perfect for the job - but 22lb works out at 231cc - anybody see any reason these would not work ? ?

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

interestedparty

posted on 5/10/10 at 05:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
quote:
Originally posted by matt_claydon

Thats gone straight into my favourates - thanks for that
It tells me that 225cc injectors are perfect for the job - but 22lb works out at 231cc - anybody see any reason these would not work ? ?

As long as your ecu was able to work out that the fuelling had increased slightly (feedback from lambda) and was able to compensate, or you are having it remapped anyway, I'm quite sure there will be no problem.

When you say 'your tb conversions', is this something that is going on your engine, or something you will be offering to others?

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

matt_gsxr

posted on 5/10/10 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
This site is good, once you have got past the gratuitous sexy-nurse pictures.

injector-rehab

clairetoo

posted on 5/10/10 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interestedparty

When you say 'your tb conversions', is this something that is going on your engine, or something you will be offering to others?

It's a bike throttle body-based setup for the mazda/ford KL series V6 - I've done four sets already , with another 3 in the pipeline.........somewhat cheaper than AT's V6 offering (£1200 + vat ) , and gives a near 40bhp increase
No shortage of customers , all I need is more hours in the day to get them all made as soon as poss

Heres some I made earlier.......
KLZE `bodies
KLZE `bodies

[Edited on 5/10/10 by clairetoo]

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

interestedparty

posted on 5/10/10 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

KLZE `bodies
KLZE `bodies

Looks great, any idea if that would fit the Jaguar V6?

clairetoo

posted on 5/10/10 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
I could probably make a setup that would fit if you have an engine to test fit them on ?

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

interestedparty

posted on 6/10/10 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I could probably make a setup that would fit if you have an engine to test fit them on ?

I do have a Jaguar engine that I need to sort something out for. The original inlet manifold is enormous!

Research would suggest that it is basically the same as the Duratec V6, though with differences in the tappets, camshafts etc.

The original set up has an upper and lower manifold, same as the Duratec, with the injectors and fuel rails being fitted to the lower manifold. I notice that your set up replaces the lower manifold as well, hence the new rails and injectors.

I expect you considered using the lower manifold with just a set of butterfly valves above to control the airflow, but decided not to, so would be interested to know what led to that decision, and, if it's ok to ask, what kind of price range your system fits into

iti_uk
Builder

Posts 163
Registered 13/10/08

Photo Archive Go!
Building: The KLMX-5 ('97 MX5 w/Mazda KL 2.5L V6)

posted on 6/10/10 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interestedparty
quote:

I do have a Jaguar engine that I need to sort something out for. The original inlet manifold is enormous!

Research would suggest that it is basically the same as the Duratec V6, though with differences in the tappets, camshafts etc.

The original set up has an upper and lower manifold, same as the Duratec, with the injectors and fuel rails being fitted to the lower manifold. I notice that your set up replaces the lower manifold as well, hence the new rails and injectors.

I expect you considered using the lower manifold with just a set of butterfly valves above to control the airflow, but decided not to, so would be interested to know what led to that decision, and, if it's ok to ask, what kind of price range your system fits into

Claire's ITBs are for the Mazda developed K-series V6 which is not related directly to the Duratec V6. The intake setups on the two are quite different. However, I've no doubt an adapter plate could be put together to enable the use of Claire's ITBs.

Chris

edit: In fact, why not remove the upper manifold, open up the ports so that they match, re-do the variable-intake spindles to allow a full compliment of butterfly valves, and top it off with trumpets and an airbox? That would be sweet! If I had kept my DV6 and used that in my swap, that is what I would have done!

p.s. that link to injector-rehab... are you sure it's about injectors? A went there and stared at the screen for seemingly ages, and didn't see any mention of injector flow rates...

[Edited on 6/10/2010 by iti_uk]

RazMan

posted on 9/10/10 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iti_uk
In fact, why not remove the upper manifold, open up the ports so that they match, re-do the variable-intake spindles to allow a full compliment of butterfly valves, and top it off with trumpets and an airbox?

Exactly what I am in the process of doing I used the original Ford kit, remade the spindles and added the 'missing' butterflies (making 12 in total) Just the trumpets to figure out now and I suspect that the OP can help me in this area (yoohoo Claire)

I considered bike TBs but the Duratec V6 has dual inlet ports which requires a siamese blend for each TB (This is the Jag version I think)

and the Duratec has 2 x round ports in place of the oval)
LIM closeup
LIM closeup

I therefore thought that the modded Ford manifold would be better for gas flow, plus it still uses all the standard fuel rail and injectors, making the conversion quite painless (and hopefully cheaper to manufacture in volume)

[Edited on 9-10-10 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_gsxr

posted on 9/10/10 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iti_uk

p.s. that link to injector-rehab... are you sure it's about injectors? A went there and stared at the screen for seemingly ages, and didn't see any mention of injector flow rates...

[Edited on 6/10/2010 by iti_uk]

Probably staring at the wrong bits!

Charts-> Flow conversion
Also useful information on effects of pressure onflow rate, and useful information on opening times (as a function of voltage) which is useful when setting up megasquirt or similar.

Matt

T66

posted on 20/10/10 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Heres one I saved..

http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.