Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 130.9 !!!!!!!!!!
norfolkluego

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
130.9 !!!!!!!!!!

Just paid 130.9 for ordinary 95 RON cooking petrol and that was at Sainsbury's, god knows how much it is at other places
NeilP

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
131.9 at our cheapest......

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

big_wasa

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
131.09 here. Will be biking to work next week if the weather stays good.
bi22le

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Have not seen it that low for a while. 134.9 for petrol in SE London.

I have diesel up to 142.9!

Its really starting to hurt, when are people going to start protesting. I need cheaper fuel!!

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Gordy

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Got caught short driving home in my Accord type r (98 ron) cost me £1.42 a litre
TimC

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Saw 95RON at 137.9 in Coleford, Glos last night!

bob

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
£1.34.9 at a BP station local to me in Ashford/Sunbury, 2 miles up the road shell are selling at £1.29.9.

Cost me £49 to fill up a Nissan Note which does not have the biggest of tanks and i was not even empty, Ho hum.

David Jenkins

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Last weekend I filled up 3 cars, my Focus, my wife's Matiz and the toy car - goodbye to £110

Antnicuk

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Last weekend I filled up 3 cars, my Focus, my wife's Matiz and the toy car - goodbye to £110

lucky you, it cost me £100 to fill my oil burning daily driver

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

A1

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
you know what i dont get?

why is nobody doing anything? I remember when i was a lad, the truckers going on strike cause it hit 85p! there should be widespread chaos!

or is everybody believing its cause oil prices have risen and forgotten the fact that the government are taking probably the bad side of 60% straight away....(thats a rough figure)

I filled up the van the other day... £115.

its taking the pee

David Jenkins

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antnicuk
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

lucky you, it cost me £100 to fill my oil burning daily driver

Actually - I miscalculated - £60 for the Focus, £40 for the Matiz, and £25 for the toy = £125

What makes it worse is that me & the missus don't do a lot of miles between us (I'm ignoring the toy as it drinks petrol).

It's a worry.

[Edited on 19/3/11 by David Jenkins]

Gordy

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Its really starting to hurt, when are people going to start protesting. I need cheaper fuel!!

Biz
Spot on, but need to get the haulage/transport guys onboard, to cause maximum disruption

norfolkluego

posted on 19/3/11 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gordy

Biz
Spot on, but need to get the haulage/transport guys onboard, to cause maximum disruption

He'd have a no fly zone if we all joined up!

SteveWalker

posted on 19/3/11 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
is everybody believing its cause oil prices have risen and forgotten the fact that the government are taking probably the bad side of 60% straight away....(thats a rough figure)

Much more than that I think. On top of the VAT and the fuel duty, for any oil produced in or around the UK they take a large sum for the right to drill for oil in the first place, then a cut of the profits of each field, they take corporation tax (and don't allow losses elsewhere to be set against it and even more! Take a look at the HMRC's list of taxes at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/international/ns-fiscal2.htm

AndyW

posted on 19/3/11 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
I filled up the car on Thursday, £84 and 1 hour later car got totalled
norfolkluego

posted on 19/3/11 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Watch this space for 'a spate of fuel thefts from cars', it happened around here in the cold weather just before Chistmas, people were having the central heating oil nicked out of the tank in the garden because the price had gone through the roof.
ashg

posted on 19/3/11 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
why don't we all just take our number plates off for a week. show the government that we comply because we want to. will show them how all their anpr crap doesn't work, for tax insurance etc etc. the whole system relys on them knowing who we are. I personally don't understand how in a democracy they can get away with such high taxes. the mass majority want fuel duty lowered

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

daviep

posted on 20/3/11 at 01:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
I personally don't understand how in a democracy they can get away with such high taxes. the mass majority want fuel duty lowered

Which tax would you like to see increased to compensate for a reduction in fuel duty?

The mass majority probably want to pay no tax, have a good health system, have a good education system, have good infrastructure. Unfortunately you can't have it all ways and taxes are required to pay for these things.

You may not believe it but taxes in the UK are very moderate compared to many countries, check out Denmark or Norway if you don't believe me.

Britain is not a prison, people can leave at any time they like. Try living and working in a developing country if you don't want to pay high taxes.

Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

norfolkluego

posted on 20/3/11 at 01:58 AM Reply With Quote
Most of us don't like being taxed but we accept them, the difference in fuel duty is uthat it's ridiculously high and doesn't take into account peoples personal circumstances or ability to pay, using your argument why not put petrol up to £50 per gallon and fill the govermemts coffers. Those of us who live in rural areas have little or no access to public transport, we just feel like an easy target as we have no choice but drive, the great and the good in London do have a choice. Do we feel p*ssed on by the metropolitan centric government, too right we do.

[Edited on 20/3/11 by norfolkluego]

Daddylonglegs

posted on 20/3/11 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
Popcorn anyone?

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

daviep

posted on 20/3/11 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
Again it all comes down to the choice which we make on how we choose to live our lives, if you desperately want to use public transport move to a town which has adequate links to where you want to go. By choosing to live in a rural area you must accept that some of the convieniences of city life will have to be sacrificed.

Again I ask the question how should the government make up the shortfall if fuel duty was reduced? I'm sure I don't want it on income tax!

I also live rural.

cliftyhanger

posted on 20/3/11 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
I very much doubt this is th eend of th efuel price rises either. As a commodity gets in higher demand, people have to pay more for it. OK the costs will probably fall back at some point, but we are going to have to grasp the idea life is going to get far more expensive.
We have had 10-15 years of easy living as a result of a boyant world economy, china suppressing prices and our government selling just about everything they could. Now there is little left to sell, cgina has got into a rather strong position to raise prices should it want to, and the rest of the world economy has gone belly up.
Its just going to be the lean years for a bit. We need to hope the bankers stay in this country and keep making massive money and big bonuses ( IIRC something like 25% of income tax is paid by 1% of the population )
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/tax/8321369/Top-1-of-workers-pay-quarter-of-all-income-tax.html

daviep

posted on 20/3/11 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
I very much doubt this is th eend of th efuel price rises either. As a commodity gets in higher demand, people have to pay more for it. OK the costs will probably fall back at some point, but we are going to have to grasp the idea life is going to get far more expensive.
We have had 10-15 years of easy living as a result of a boyant world economy, china suppressing prices and our government selling just about everything they could. Now there is little left to sell, cgina has got into a rather strong position to raise prices should it want to, and the rest of the world economy has gone belly up.
Its just going to be the lean years for a bit. We need to hope the bankers stay in this country and keep making massive money and big bonuses ( IIRC something like 25% of income tax is paid by 1% of the population )
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/tax/8321369/Top-1-of-workers-pay-quarter-of-all-income-tax.html

At least one other person seems to have a grasp on how things are going to pan out instead of the stick your head in the sand mentality which pervades the country.

Macbeast

posted on 20/3/11 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Those of you who live in rural areas probably don't pay over the odds for insurance and council tax. It's not all wonderful living in the city. Public transport is not free either - £ £4.00 to go one stop on the tube.

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

BenB

posted on 20/3/11 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by norfolkluego
Watch this space for 'a spate of fuel thefts from cars', it happened around here in the cold weather just before Chistmas, people were having the central heating oil nicked out of the tank in the garden because the price had gone through the roof.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12786483 !!!

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.